About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #80 – Yard Work and Light Shopping



Monday, Aug 26th, 2019……  I slept in a few minutes after 7:00 and got up and showered and prepped for the day. The weather is warming up! It got up to 90º today but tomorrow that is supposed to go up even more! I got Rylee out and we did our walk. I went and got breakfast and then went out to work on the boat. Short of removing and replacing the seats and carpeting the boat, I am done with the inside. That stuff can be done when the boat is put away in the shop garage for the winter.  Lydia had her nail appointment this morning so she took off for that. While she was gone, I called FMCA and got our reservation made for the 2020 Rally in Indio in January. So that’s done. I will still need to get tires for the motorhome. All that takes is $$$! I also went out and drove a fence t-post into the ground and roped off the bent tree we are saving. I had Lydia come out and help push while I pulled and we got it almost straight. Caleb and Kirk can help tomorrow. I showered again and we headed off later to go pick up my sister and then head off to Block 15 Brewery and Taproom. Tomorrow is Kirk’s birthday and we wanted to take him to dinner. Plus, we had never been to their newer second place. This place has the brewery and really only serves burgers and appetizers (besides all of the beer choices). But we found tasty faire and it good fresh beer so was nice and we had a great time.  

Tuesday, Aug 27th, 2019…… Today was mowing day. I got the dog walked early and went out to check the grass. Even though the day has been a scorcher, the nights cool off as soon as the sun goes down, so it was still wet with morning dew. I would have to wait. I came in and rested and watched tv. About 9:45 or so. Lydia headed off to her mahjong game and I went out and did the mowing. Pretty easy this time. Most of the grass is going dormant but there is a hardy batch that Walt put in right off the back porch that grows like crazy and that needed attention. Also, I didn’t need to do any weed whacking so that saved some effort. I got the mowing done in about 45 minutes. I will pick up the grass tomorrow so I was done for the day. I came in and showered and cooled off. Plenty of liquids and sitting in the air-conditioned house, I was good to go! Kirk dropped Caleb off and then went over and did Penny’s lawn. While he was here, I went out and we re-tied the rope and managed to straighten out that tree. Now let’s see how long the rope will last before it snaps! Bets anyone? Lydia took off to go to Safeway and get something for dinner for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight was spaghetti which we ate while we tried to knock out three more Guys Grocery Games episodes. Then we moved over to the living room to watch America’s Got Talent before calling it a night.
   
Wednesday, Aug 28th, 2019…... This morning, after breakfast and dog walking, we took off for Eugene. The plan was to go Home Depot to stock up on bags of rock salt, then to Clemson’s Marina to check on getting the boat trailers swapped out, and then to go to a lighting store Lydia had spotted. We are still looking for light fixtures to change out in our master bath. We met with Clint, who lives here in Lebanon. He is coming over tomorrow morning to take a look at our ‘unique’ mounting plates behind the lights we have. But I really think he wants to seal the deal as well. No way. We’re still looking. Once we were done there, we headed back towards home and stopped at Costco. We even found light fixtures there which were certainly way cheaper! Still looking though. We had lunch there on the way out and then headed home. My sister had come by earlier this morning to walk Quincy and left her for the day. She was there when we got home and we visited for a while. I eventually went out and hooked up the grass catcher and managed to pick up a whole bag of grass this time! So, pickup was easy and Lydia and Penny took care of that quickly. Then sis wrested Quincy away from her kingdom and they headed home. I was done for the day. Lydia rested and cooled off and then later, made scallops plus baked potato and asparagus for dinner. It was delicious!  We knocked out some more GGG and then later watched the AGT results show. They are now down to 21 semi-finalists. Afterward, we split up and watched our own shows until bedtime. Tomorrow we head back down again to Eugene, but this time we will be picking up Frances and Raymond!      

No comments:

Post a Comment