About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #84 – Brewfest & More Visitors


Saturday, Sep 7th, 2019…… Today was beer day!  This is the fifth annual Lebanon BrewFest. This will be our third. But first up was breakfast. We met Penny and Janice at Kevin’s and ate a nice meal and made our plans. When we left to come home, we drove down Main St.  They were cleaning and getting ready to close it off to traffic for the afternoon/evening festivities.  We know where to park and when to go. The weather is kind of cloudy and cool. Rain is forecast around 5:00pm. We will go get sis about 12:45 and go park. The activity goes from 1:00pm-8:00pm but we go early to avoid the crowds and the weather.
We picked her up and got around to the entrance and parked and went in. They charge $20. per person and you get 3 beer tokens. We had each always gotten 5 more on top of that . This year we got 3 more to start. We headed in and walked around, first to check out who was there and what kind of beer they have to offer. My sister likes the more robust stouts and I like the wussy light pale ales and lagers. But you can always find enough to sample so it’s a fun day.  Lydia had a few tastes and found some variations that she liked, like raspberry beer. Yuuck! But she was our designated driver so she took it easy and only had 1-2 tastes. We found the turkeys from the Quirky Turkey Contest. They were available to silent auction winners - no we don't want a turkey! 



We split up the tasting tour by heading over to the food trucks. This year they had five carts but we always choose Stick a Pork in It and/or our friend Brian’s Chau’s Little Vietnam truck. We bought from both trucks and shared. It was all good. We found a table and relaxed for a while before finishing up our tasting. 



Lydia drove Penny home and we came home and rested from a fun afternoon! It was still early but we knew we wouldn’t want dinner so we snacked a bit and watched tv and called it a night.

Sunday, Sep 8th, 2019…… Sundays are usually kick back days and today was no exception. Besides, it was raining a bit. After taking Rylee out for her morning walk, I just hung around my tv and watched Mecum Auctions and Nascar and F1 races while Lydia watched some of her taped programs. We had leftovers for dinner and that was our day.

Monday, Sep 9th, 2019…...  Rain is here now for a few days. This may put a damper on my boat/trailer exchange project for tomorrow. We’ll see…
By the time I got up and going, my sister came by with Q and while they were here, she got a text that her friends, Bill and Debbie, who were up here from Calif. visiting family, were just coming into Lebanon and were on their way to her house. So, she fed Quincy and left her here to go meet them. Lydia and I took the dirty white doggie with us into the shower and she got cleaned and all of the pool/grass smells off of her. She’s clean, white and fluffy but that will last a day at best!  While she was in the house staying clean and drying out, I went out and worked on cleaning up the shop. I was also looking for an extra sewer support that I knew I had in my motorhome stuff in the shop racks. I found it and set it up under the exhaust line I had finished installing for the coach. This takes it up off the ground and makes a straighter shot out the vent. 



Also, here is a photo of the outside vent  before and after paint.



I also took some measurements for another project - I am thinking about buying a metal roofed carport for the boat for the summer heat and the winter rains and possible snow. I can buy a 12’ x 15’ x 7’ one in kit form for around $800.  

But I’ll probably choose a slightly longer one to get everything under cover.  As an alternative to that plan, I measured the overhang area next to the shop and my boat will fit in there. Problem is I like all of the under-cover space that I have used up under there now and would have to move it elsewhere. I have the room for the carport so I’ll go that route. A bit later, Penny brought Bill and Debbie over and we gave them another tour since they had been here close to 2 years ago. After a nice visit, they took Q and left to go back to Penny's to get their dinner in the crockpot.  We hung around and relaxed. Lydia finished up her laundry (after we did some maintenance on the washer filter) and got that chore finished. We each fixed sandwiches and relaxed for the afternoon. She did get out some shrimp to thaw for some kind of noodle casserole for dinner, so I’m looking forward to that!
Yep, dinner was yummy!  After dinner and I took Rylee out - but not in the pool yet. It’s cooler outside now. Still trying to rain off and on. The weather looks the same for the next three days. We watched two more Guys Grocery Games (still more to go!) and then the debut of A Very Brady Renovation on HGTV.  Don't worry if you missed the first show - they have it repeated many times.  We also watched the latest Master Chef to get that one caught up and then went to bed.        

No comments:

Post a Comment