About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #87 – Hanging Lights & Picking Grapes


 

Monday, Sep 16th, 2019…… This morning I decided that since it was raining, I would work inside the house and install the bathroom fixtures. But first I had to take Quincy out for her little walk/run/poop out in the field. Lydia or Penny lets out the monster puppy after we work our way back to the back field. They go through their ‘field tests’ to get treats and then they come back in and get wiped down and then get their breakfasts. Then we can eat. I went and got coffee/tea and then came home and ate my breakfast burrito from yesterday. The lights were pretty easy to do. Simple disconnects and rewiring and I was done. J&J didn’t have the clear bulbs that Lydia wanted so I used what we had. These pics are from the next day after I picked them up and installed them. The old fixtures had three lights each and these have four.
  


Much brighter light and the clear bulbs make it even better so even us blind squirrels can find our nuts every now and then. Boy, that came out wrong!
The rains let up a bit and were off and on all day. Still way too wet to pick up the grass. Forecast is for more of the same for the next week or so. So, stay put grass, I’ll come and get you later!     
My sister wanted to take us out to dinner tonight and we chose The Depot in Albany. I love their seafood especially their scallops. The girls had the combo plates. It was all good (because I got Lydia’s oysters too!). Thanks, Sis!  We came home after stopping by Penny’s house to pick up more of Q’s dog food and rested for the evening.
 
Tuesday, Sep 17th, 2019…... Rainy morning again. I got the dogs out with no problem and headed out to get breakfast for us all. Today was Mickey D’s. I found out they can make an egg and sausage and cheese breakfast sandwich without the bun! Instead of a wrapper, they just put the whole thing in a little box. My sister is doing her keto diet and doesn’t want to eat bread, so this worked out for her and she knows she can go there again when she wants. A little later, I headed off to Lowe’s to get some sanding discs for my angle sander. These are for knocking off the rust on the trailer. I found each one was $8.97 but they had a five pack for $8.97. Guess which one I bought! The checker thought that they forgot to unwrap the pieces before stocking them but she said that was on them, and that she was going to give me what it scanned for - $8.97!  Score!  I also found those clear light bulbs and bought eight of them.    
Kirk came today and lucky for him it was not raining. I had him weed the blueberry bed. We talked about a plan for re-installing the five poles around it, which he and I will do together. While I was out there, I started picking the grapes. These guys are ready! They are small grapes and we are told they are just called table grapes, but they are really sweet! I picked a bowlful for us



and some for Kirk to take home.  Meanwhile, Lydia and Penny left to go to Walmart to pick up stuff for spaghetti for tonight and a few other things we needed. She and I caught up on Guys Grocery Games and then later, we watched the finale of America’s Got Talent. We picked our top five in order so we’ll see tonight who is closer (but we both agreed that Kodi Lee would win).    

Wednesday, Sep 18th, 2019…... Just a goof off day for us. I had the dogs out and worked them a bit in the back yard. My sister took some pics….



  
and then came in and ate breakfast. Later, I worked on my bills for a bit and then went out to work on the boat trailer some more. Those discs I bought are perfect for what I needed! I got a few parts sanded down and went out and disassembled a few more pieces and started on those. I had the tv on out in my shop so I just kept working away. Finally, I quit for the day and came in and cleaned up and rested and watched tv.  Lydia made burritos for dinner and we watched our tv programs until it was time for America’s Got Talent. We all three had picked our final five and the order we liked them. We all got Kodi right as the winner. It was a no-brainer! But we all missed on the choir. I had picked Ryan and the Voices of Service and the girls had V Unbeatables. I think Emanne and Ryan will be stars soon.   


No comments:

Post a Comment