About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, July 3, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #18 – Looking at More Houses!

                                      

Saturday, July 1st, 2017…..  My sister, Penny, flew up today.  She is interested in relocating to Oregon and buying around us so she wanted to come see what’s in the area.  She’s here till the 5th so today we picked her up at the Eugene airport and headed north to Albany to meet with Aimee. She had set up the first of a couple of places she has found in Albany.  Penny’s price range is going to allow for mostly smaller homes or larger fixer uppers and we’ve heard both are going pretty quickly right now. In the next few days we’ll see what she likes, if anything, and what she wants to do.  One possibility is to find a short term rental so she can be close by if/when something lists. Or she can stay with us just to be close by. We’ll see. We did see four homes plus one that we peeked in that was not yet on the market.  That done, we went back home but stopped first at Coburg Pizza and had dinner.  She was pooped and went to sleep pretty early.    


Sunday, July 2nd, 2017…..  Today the plan was to go to Lebanon.  We gave her a quick tour of the town and drove out to our place so she could orient herself.  Then we did drive-bys on homes she had info for.  She was interested in several of them.  Aimee volunteered to meet us at 3:00pm but we decided to ask for viewings tomorrow to give her the Sunday off. We drove back to Eugene and then headed up to Leaburg.  We wanted to show her the other house we had interest in. After seeing both (although she only saw Leaburg from the outside), she said she liked our choice better.  Since we were coming back via Springfield we decided to stop back at Plank Town Brewery for dinner.  Penny tried the pulled pork/sliced apple, Lydia and I had chicken sandwiches which were both good.  I sampled a flight of 4 beers, liked 3 of them. Just enough to taste! We drove home and had cookies for dessert and I watched a tape of the Tour de France.     

2 comments:

  1. Hope that Rx is kicking in for Lydia, and she's feeling a lot better! Wishing all 3 of you a Happy 4th! 🇺🇸🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Lydia's cough is getting better. Terry you take good care of her. I booked my first outing today. It is for May of 2019 at Chula Vista Marina. You take care of each other and behave.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete