About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #31 – More work Around the House

Please note that I’ve changed the title since it’s no longer a trip!

Friday, July 28th, 2017…..  We got up at 0 dark hundred!  We needed to be on the road to Portland at 5:00am for Randy’s flight home. The drive only took about an hour and a half and we didn’t see too much traffic, even in the city at rush hour!  We got him there in plenty of time for check-in. He texted us later that he made it to San Francisco and was waiting for the layover to fly to SNA. We made a few stops (Harbor Freight, Kmart, and 2 Walmarts) on the way home. Once home, I got to work assembling more storage cabinets for the master and for my office while Lydia did some laundry. Then we both took a break and napped for a few hours to catch up.  I went back to opening boxes and Lydia got the last of the kitchen boxes done as well as those from the old family room.  The two cabinets in the garage are filling up quickly and my office is coming together as well! Lydia made the bed for Penny when she gets here late Sunday (or early Mon.).  We decided on chicken burritos for dinner tonight so we got that out and defrosted. I usually work a bit, rest a bit, work a bit, rest a bit, but today it was rest a bunch! We probably won’t sleep tonight!           

Saturday, July 29th, 2017…..  Today we hit it again.  I decided we needed some more storage shelving units in the garage.  We had already put in two large cabinets for overflow from the house

but we needed some more shelving.  We have a raised area that has the crawlspace for the house and I could use that area for more storage. We then decided we could buy the same cabinet that I used in the office.  They were even on sale! We bought two more 5 shelf cabinets and I set out to put them together.  After the one in the office, I got them together pretty quickly. I put them in place and screwed them together.  They will work well.



I messed around with the workshop space a bit today.  I don’t even have the boxes unloaded and won’t do that until I figure out a layout.  I do want to have Directv out in the shop so I have to figure out where that line will come in. I have until Thursday when the guy comes to do the house lines. I also have a plumbing issue.  Walt set up a ½ bath in the workshop, complete with hot water for cleanup and a line running outside with a mixing valve for hot water for washing the car. Problem is the city zoning rules don’t allow that room to be set up with hot running water - that is considered now a “living space”. So, he was forced to remove the water heater.  That leaves me with a water spigot outside that has nothing running through it!  I’m trying to trace back to where I can at least get cold water there but I have more work to do.


We stopped for lunch (Lydia ate but I kept working) so I wanted an early dinner.  She fixed hamburgers but wasn’t hungry so I ate and we went out to the motorhome to catch up on our shared tv shows before she called it a night. I stayed out there and watched some of my shows before going to bed.       

No comments:

Post a Comment