About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #26 – Costco & Yard Work!


Tuesday, July 18th, 2017…..  Lydia still is having trouble catching up on sleep.  I think the Vegas trip and getting little sleep on the redeye home is still affecting her a bit.  I’m watching her closely and making sure she stays off her feet and rests today.  Meanwhile, I went back to work on the pod#3.  It only took me about an hour to completely empty it.  I called and they will be picking up all three on Thursday. After resting for a bit, we (ok Lydia) decided we needed to go to Albany’s Costco.  We have all of the refrigerators and freezers up and running now so she wants to stock up.  We also stopped at Home Depot on the way to finish up our search for microwaves.  Lowe’s is now our choice.  We filled up the back of the Honda with groceries and took a few minutes to get hot dogs and drinks before leaving Costco. We then headed to Lowe’s and bought the microwave.  It fit in the back seat.  Boy, I am missing my truck! Anyway, we got that all home and unloaded and the microwave up and running and then went back out to the rig where we had last week’s America’s Got Talent taped and watched that before we called it a night.   
   
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017…..  Good nights sleep for both of us.  Lydia is back to normal (?). Today work starts on the yard.  I had met with my neighbor who put me in contact with the guy (Allen) who mows their ‘field’ grass.  He had given me a price ($200.) to do two cuttings (so we won’t have a ton of large clippings in the field).  He has a large mower but it still took hours to finish. Meanwhile Kirk, the gardener, started today on the flower beds.  He will clear the weeds, remove the old mulch and the dead plants, replant new flowers and shrubs, and put in new mulch. He’s starting his business so he can only work on Wednesdays at this time so this will take a while. The sprinkler work that Walt had done still has a leak – the guys will be here Friday.  They will also give me a bid to go through all of the irrigation system, including the drip lines that have been seriously neglected.  The work went smoothly and both jobs progressed well.  Allen did his cuts and Kirk cut weeds and cleaned flower beds.  We won’t need Allen back for a month or so.  Kirk will return next week.  But it looks better already! I got out my trimmer and cut around the motorhome.
Here you can see before and after:







After half of day of yard work for me, we took off and went back to Home Depot for rock salt for the water softener and to Costco for an entertainment center for my office plus a storage shelf system for the master bedroom closet.  We returned and deposited the boxed in their respective rooms. Still have to put those together. Another task to do! Later, we decided to leave Kirk and head off to Coburg for dinner.  We had a scratch off for Coburg Pizza we need to use.  We ordered our pizza and yay, we got a free dessert pizza.  We ordered apple cinnamon, my favorite.  We ate the pizza and brought the dessert home for later. We watched the Tour and then called it a night.         

2 comments: