About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #23 – More Vegas!

Sorry this is late.  I'm doing two posts today to get caught up

Wednesday, July 12th, 2017…..  Randy and Maryanne will drive back home later this evening.  Jeff & Krista fly out Friday.  Pat leaves back to Indiana Thursday. We all 4 fly out today.  We checked out of the rooms and took Penny to the airport.  Rick and Janie were staying until Thursday but they decided to go home a day early since it was so hot plus they had their dogs boarded. Lydia, Frances and I had some time.  Lydia texted both of the kids but they didn’t answer (turns out they were all at the pool). So we took a drive out to Hoover Dam.  Nice desert drive.  Glad we have good ac in the car.  Later, we drove to Cracker Barrel and had dinner.  We had some time before Frances’ flight so we went across the parking lot to the Bass Pro Shop and walked around. I took Frances to her airline and after we left we discovered she left her phone on the charger.  We drove back and missed the loop and drove back again.  By this time I just dropped off Lydia to find Frances and I drove to the car rental lot and got the shuttle back and we checked in and went through security and waited.  Our flight was delayed in San Francisco and our connection to Eugene would be tight.  We did make it but the brisk walk all the way across the terminal to our new gate was fun! We got back to Eugene at 12:30am and after waiting for our bag got back home about 1:40am.  We drove past our three pods that were dropped off while we were gone (Yaay!) and parked and went straight to bed.  Long day!   

Thursday, July 13th, 2017….. This morning Lydia slept in and I got up, showered, and started in on the pods.  Only lost one item to breakage (that we can see).  It will take several days to systematically unload each one.  Boxes are marked but there are several hundred to remove! I left for a few minutes to go to Xfinity/Comcast to get my internet ordered and set up for install. Later in the morning the washer and dryer were delivered.



The guys set up everything but they don’t hook up the gas lines.  Lydia had purchased water lines and a dryer kit w/gas lines so I pulled out the dryer and found that it was good to go but found that they didn’t provide the water line used for the steam feature on the dryer.  We will go back to Lowe’s for that later. But back to the pod for now. I managed to get all of the smaller, lighter items out of pod # 1.  With the backs off all of the lazy boy living room pieces, I could move all of those items in by myself. Lydia helped me with the coach and loveseat bottoms so we were able to get that room set up. Still needs a rug but we’ll go shopping later next week. The rest of the pod had all of the HEAVY bedroom furniture. I’m going to need serious help with that!


After resting a bit, we drove to Lowe’s to pick up the water line and returned and I got that done. That's enough for today, I have jet lag, didn't sleep long enough last night plus I'm pooped from today!   

No comments:

Post a Comment