About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, July 28, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #30 – Getting Work Done and Time with the Family


Last blog with this title. It’s no longer a trip so I’m changing it on the next post to Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #31                                             

  
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017…..  Randy also spent time on the phone last night trying to figure out how to get home.  He brought one of his mountain bikes up in my truck and wanted to leave it here but decided that he would take it back home.  Plus he has his tool bag, with about 50 lbs of tools including knives and saw blades. He decided to rent a car and that way he could take the bike and tools plus stop at a riding area on the way back.  Turns out that it’s very difficult to rent a car for a one way.  If you did get a car, the one way rates were really too high.  Maryanne suggested he look at a small U-Haul truck or van.  Forget that – too expensive.  Amtrak is an option but it’s a 27 hour ride.  So now he’s looking at flights again, from both Eugene and Portland. We have plenty of luggage so he can check his tools as baggage. He would leave the bike. Still in work. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, we worked on a few things around the house today. Setting up cabinets, moving the printer, a couple more things loaded in the closet, filling the cabinets in the garage, etc, etc. Later, Randy made his decision.  He will fly back via Portland so he booked his return trip.  We take him to the airport early Friday morning.  He decided to take a trip to Falls City to mountain bike.  He left right after we did. We spent the morning in Corvallis at the farmers market.  Aimee’s hula group was performing and we wanted to see her perform.



We bought some veggies and stopped and had pupusas for breakfast.  Yummy! Once we returned, we unpacked some more.  I always take the broke down boxes out to stack in the workshop.  I now have a super large pile out there!  Maybe when we’re done, I’ll sell them on Craig’s List or LetGo!  Randy called later to say he would be staying in a motel tonight so he could spend more time riding and exploring tomorrow. So Lydia fixed us stuffed salmon and we called it a night.


Thursday, July 27th, 2017…..  This morning I spent time with my check book (yuck!) and then more time online and on the phone with Boeing, changing my address and inquiring about new medical we need to sign up for, now that we have a residence.  Lydia went across the street to visit with the neighbor’s wife and ask her about medical facilities and doctors in the area. Rick is a doctor but we didn’t know what kind or where he practiced.  Judie recommended a couple of people and places so when we get our packet we’ll see what matches up. I got out the Stihl trimmer and went out to the creek in the back of the property to knock down grass that our lawn guy didn’t get with his mower. Randy called to say he was on his way back but he was going to stop to eat and don’t wait for him.  We decided to go to Sweet Home to a Mexican restaurant we were told was pretty good. It’s called Margarita Village and it was really good!  I ate too much hot spicy salsa which I paid for later but we will go back again! We returned home and after about an hour Randy got back.  He found some great bike trails and met some guys to ride with. Later he got his luggage together for tomorrow and we watched tv before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment