About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #36 – Pizza, Plane Flights, and Planting!

 

Tuesday, August 8th, 2017…..  This morning the girls decided to go shopping and explore downtown Corvallis. I stayed home and put one of the two shelving units together for the office.  I also worked on my check book Yuuuck! Once they returned and rested a bit it was off to tour the homes we had looked at prior to buying this one.  We showed them the Leaburg home then drove over to Fir Butte and then on to Veneta to show them those as well.  We ended up at Coburg Pizza for dinner. Both Penny and Maryanne liked both the pizza and the desert pizza we ordered.  On the way home we stopped by our old campground.  We found Mike and Pat’s rig and knocked on their door and visited with them for a while before heading home and crashing from the pizza and desert!  But we did get some nice shots of the sunset from our back porch!   

Wednesday, August 9th, 2017…..  Last day for Maryanne in the great Northwest!  She had booked her 3:30pm flight for today out of Portland.  So she gathered up her stuff and we spent the morning just talking about her time here.  I think she gets what we are doing up here.  Not everyone will understand why we made such a life changing move. Sometimes we question it ourselves, but we always end up thinking we made the right choice. She gets that.

Today was also when our sprinkler guy was coming back to work on the drip systems for our flower beds.  We hoped he would show up early enough so we could get him going on all of the work while we took off to the airport. He did and we were all able to make the trek to Portland.  We drove for a while (about 60 miles) and then stopped in Wilsonville for lunch and then made our way through Portland traffic (sure don’t miss that!) and we got her there with plenty of time to check in. We said our goodbyes and headed back through more traffic until we got well clear of the outskirts. Once we got home we rested and then the girls went to Taco Bell and brought back dinner while I stayed home and cut up most of the cardboard boxes that I have accumulated from all the cabinets we have bought recently.  Our trash pickup is on Thursdays so I wanted to pack the container as full as I could and get it out tonight.  

Thursday, August 10th, 2017…..  Lydia had a hair cut appointment this morning and Penny went off to lunch with Aimee so I took off and went to Habitat for Humanity to look for bolts for the floor standing bedroom oak mirror.  We seem to have lost them in the move and they are ornamental so I don’t want to use just any as replacements.  No luck at any of the places I checked.  I guess I just have to look closer in the boxes I have left in the workshop!  Today was also landscaping day.  Make that planting day! Kirk made his trip to the nursery and brought a truckload of plants and got them all in the ground today!



We are still waiting for the irrigation guy to schedule the drip lines and sprinkler repair/install.  But since we have 75% of the plants in now he can go from there.
Lydia gave them a good watering



and we’ll see tomorrow what the existing sprinklers will hit and where we need to add lines. Once we were done, we came back in and rested and watched America’s Got Talent that we had taped a few days ago.            

No comments:

Post a Comment