About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #37 – Workshop and Little League



Friday, August 11th, 2017…..  Today was another plan-as-you-go day.  I worked a bit on my workshop and watched Little League Regionals a bit.   I have been following little league since my kids played.  We have been to Williamsport to see the LL World Series, which was awesome!  This year I am watching the Oregon team, as well as Rancho Santa Margarita.  The Oregon kids won their first round and play tomorrow to see who goes to Williamsport.  Rancho also won their first round and will play on Saturday. Lydia worked on the craft room now that it’s empty of visitors.  We both went out to water the new flowers before coming in for the night.   


Saturday, August 12th, 2017…..  We fixed pancakes for breakfast.  Penny already ate and it turns out that Lydia only had enough batter for 4-5 small pancakes so I ate and she fixed cereal.  We need a trip to the store! I went out to repair loose fluorescent fixtures in the workshop and Penny came out and helped.  We ended up taking them all down to repair (as needed) and wash.  I have 6 in the smaller shop and those are done.  I have 7 in the larger storage shop.  I fixed one of those but I still need to move items around on the floor so I can get a ladder up to work on the others.  We went out to Ixtapa for a nice meal and then to Walmart to get a few things.  We returned and watered again and came in to watch baseball (Oregon lost but Calif. won) and Nascar races I had taped.   

1 comment: