About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #40 – Even More Visitors

 

Thursday, August 17th, 2017…..   This morning Rick and I went into Albany, stopped at Elmer’s for breakfast (yummy!) and then went on to Harbor Freight.  I wanted to pick up a central vacuum collection system to replace the one that Walt sold.  There are various locations in the shop that has connections that run under the floor to the collection system.  It vacuums sawdust from each of the tools hooked in the system.  Even though I am not a master woodworker by any sort, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to improve the tools I do have.  It will come in handy in the future when I get more stuff in there!  We got home and put the assembly together and got it installed. Meanwhile, the girls went into Corvallis to go shopping and exploring.  Later, Mike and Pat drove up from their rv, parked in Eugene, to visit.  We gave them the tour and visited for a while.  Mike, Rick and I watched the little league world series games I had taped earlier today while the girls prepared dinner.  We ate bbq pork, mac and cheese, salad, and corn, with blueberries and lemon cake for dessert. Extra yummy! 



Afterward, I installed the housewarming gift that Mike & Pat gave us! Thanks, guys!




We went out and sat on the front porch and had a few drinks and visited for a while and enjoyed the evening.





It was like a mini campout with our rv friends! Penny got to know Pat and Mike and Pat shared photos of her craftwork with her and pics of her house with the art work our friend Brenda painted on her kitchen and entry walls. Both Pat and Brenda are really talented.
Afterward, Pat and Mike got back on the road and we settled in to watch our tape of the results show for America’s Got Talent. We all made our choices for who should be eliminated in this round.  I was the worst with my picks.        


Friday, August 18th, 2017…..  Rick and I headed back to Albany this morning to pick up one of two cabinets I want for my workshop. I have been to Habitat For Humanity a few times looking at their stock of recycled kitchen cabinets which I want to install out there. Yesterday the truck was loaded so today we went back to buy the first of two I want. But when we got there we saw on their calendar that Saturday everything in the store would be 50% off (pre eclipse sale!) so we will go back again tomorrow.  Today was another day for sprinklers!  Abel came back out, with his crew this time, and they laid 300 feet of lines out on the driveway side of the front yard, plus moved two lawn sprinkler heads/lines to allow for an rv pad to be put down in the future.  They were there most of the day and got everything done.  But this is only phase one of at least three to get everything on the property in working order.  This line will help all of the recently added new plants get their water.   We’ll be calling them back out soon for more work.  Afterwards, we took off to Coburg Pizza, for dinner.  Rick and Janie said they really liked the food there so it was worth the drive. We came back and Rick and I watched little league games and Lydia and the girls watched the CMA awards show for a bit before going to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment