About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #46 – Visiting With Family


 

Tuesday, August 29th, 2017…..   After checking in to see how everyone slept on their airbeds (Bill and RoyAnne on the queen in Lydia’s craft room, and Judy on the twin in my office) we got ready and I took them out to breakfast at Appletree. Penny joined us and then left for her house. We drove through Lebanon and then showed them Sweet Home and Foster Lake.  We returned to town and went over to show them Penny’s place.  We came back home and visited and Lydia drove with RoyAnne to Lowe’s in Albany to show her the sliding screen door we purchased.  She is interested and wanted to check it out.  Bill and Judy and I stayed back and visited.  Later, when the girls got back we decided to go try James Gang Pizza in town.  We had heard it was the best around but we hadn’t been yet.  It was good pizza and cold beer and the prices were reasonable. We’ll go back again – nice to find local eateries! We returned to the house and sat out on the porch and then went in to watch America’s Got Talent.  At least some of us – Penny and Judy both called it a night and headed off to their rooms to wind down and sleep off the carbs!  We watched the 12 acts and each picked our 5 to not go through.  Tomorrow we will find out who did the best.  

Wednesday, August 30th, 2017…..  The family was headed out this morning but Judy wanted to take us all out to breakfast before they left.  We went to Shari’s and all had a nice meal.  Thanks, Judy.  They bought a couple of pies to take back and after Penny said her goodbyes and headed to her house again the rest of us headed back to the house.  Both RoyAnne and Judy wanted cuttings off our star jasmine so I just dug out some smaller plants and we bagged them and packed them for the trip. We said our goodbyes and they got on their way. Sorry to say the smoke from the fires had made it a pretty nasty drive up and they were going to hit more of the same all the way back to Chico (fires were also in NoCal).  But the visit was great.  We got to know them better and they said they enjoyed the visit with us very much.  Hopefully they rest of the family can make it up here to visit in the near future.


After they left, I took off to Penny’s and did a few things (busted up a toilet and dumped it in her trash, replaced a hose bib on her outside faucet, helped paint a post in her garage, etc.) After that, I drove over to Albany to a couple of electrical supply houses in search of the elusive outdoor receptacle plate for Penny’s house (no luck finding one).  I met up with Lydia later at Penny’s and we all went to Carl’s Jr. for dinner (thanks sis!) and went home.  We all watched the AGT results show. Janie had called with her and Rick’s picks already.  Bill got 2. Lydia, RoyAnne, Janie, and Rick all got 3 and I got 4.       

No comments:

Post a Comment