About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #39 – Planting and New Visitors


 

Tuesday, August 15th, 2017…..     Not much happening today. We drove by Penny’s house and saw not much in the way of them moving yet.  They are supposed to be out by the end of today. She is talking with Aimee, who is in contact with his realtor and they are supposed to be on track. We’ll see… I worked on cleaning up my grapevines today.  Walt planted blueberries plants, apple trees, and grapevines seriously close together.  The grapevines are growing up into the apple trees and hooking on to them with their vines.  I’m not sure if that will affect both fruits but I thinned out ½ of them so we’ll see in September when the grapes ripen. We’re still waiting on the apples, which we still don’t know what species they are, to ripen.  Lydia talked with a fellow at the local farmer's market last week and he says to bring one in and maybe he can help.   

Wednesday, August 16th, 2017…..  Busy day today!  Kirk is coming with more plants!  He showed up about 10:00am with a young fellow to help him today.  He had another truckload of plants.  I asked him to park in front of our garage because Rick and Janie were due in anytime.  He unloaded and got to work.  Today they moved our large lavender bush from the back of the house to the side.  We want to develop the back yard and have a plan in place for the patio cover and two gazebos and the lavender was in the way.  Kirk and Lydia got all of today’s plants layed out and he and Caleb started in.  Meanwhile, Rick and Janie pulled up.  He unhooked his tow car and I backed him in place and got water and power to their coach.  He got his satellite dish up and going and the air going for the dogs and then we gave them the big tour.



 I’m not sure how they saw all of the property but they looked amazed.  I am still amazed too! But we are starting to get things under control at least what we want to accomplish.  The yard is starting to look good and will get even better when Kirk gets the mulch in.  The sprinkler guy is due this week to start on phase one of three to get things fixed and added to.  We hung around and visited with Rick & Janie a bit and then set out to show them the town and then go have linner.  We drove by Penny’s house.  Looks like a different car is there now so she’s hoping that it’s the owner and he’s starting to get his agreed work done before close of escrow next Monday.  We drove through our ‘old town’ and then went over to Corvallis to The Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was good once we finally got seated. We got back home and I watered the new plants




and we sat out on the front porch and had wine and relaxed until we came in to watch our tape of America’s Got Talent before calling it a night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment