About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #38 – Rain and Chinese Food!


 

Sunday, August 13th, 2017…..  We woke up to rain today!  It hasn’t rained here since the end of May!  We didn’t get a downpour, just a drizzle but it lasted most of the morning and then later in the afternoon. That meant that the plants we just put in plus the lawns and the fields all got watered!  Yaaay!  I am still work-in-progress in my workshop so today I decided to spend some time in there.  Not too much as it is Sunday, but I did spend a few hours out there.  Lydia and Penny watched tv and I went out to the motorhome to watch a few taped shows before coming in to watch Nascar in my office. Nice lazy day watching it rain!   


Monday, August 14th, 2017…..  The weather is nice today.  The mornings always start off cooler (today it was 49° about 6:30am) but no rain and it got warmer as the day went on.  Penny asked me if I minded if she tackled the potting shed.  She had decided to try to clean it up and she really did! She killed a lot of spiders and got rid of a lot of junk.  Now it looks great!  Meanwhile I started loading the shelving units in the garage and got most of that done before the Safelite repair person showed up.  Maryanne got a rock chip on the way up and I had scheduled the insurance folks to come fix it. That was today. Heather showed up and got that wrapped up in about ½ an hour.  Looks good! Penny wanted to take us out to Chinese tonight so we headed to Ma’s.  We learned that they are closed on Mondays so Lydia remembered Sum Yan closer to old town so we drove there.  Their food was very good.  Thanks Penny! I should be paying you for the work you’re doing here!  Afterward, we returned and relaxed and watched tv before going to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment