About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #44 – Lawn Mowing and Return Visitors



Friday, August 25th, 2017…..   We got a call yesterday that Mike and Pat were close to getting their rig fixed and would like to come stay with us a few days. No worries.  We knew where to park Rick and Janie and Mike and Pat’s motorhome will fit right there as well!  They are coming Saturday so I needed to go get a connector from Camping World to repair my 30 amp electrical cord I used for Rick and Janie’s coach. I also want to mow the lawn today but it’s too wet in the mornings so Lydia and I headed down toward Eugene with the idea we would stop in Brownsville for breakfast.  Meanwhile, Penny stayed behind and made calls for insurance, financial planning, etc. while we were gone. We didn’t see anything open for breakfast in Brownsville so we went on to Camping World and I got my connector and then we continued on into Eugene where we stopped at Elmer’s for breakfast. We returned home and I set out to get the lawn mowed. I tried out Penny’s lawnmower for the rain ditch out by the street (sweet and better than string trimming!) and then got out the tractor and did the yard. Meanwhile, Penny and Lydia went into Albany to Home Depot to check out carpeting for her bedrooms. They got back and Penny went back to her house and we ran some errands and stopped at Jack in the Box and got dinner. I went out to the shop and put the electrical cord together and then came in and we watched tv for a while and then called it a night.    


Saturday, August 26th, 2017…..  I did some bill paying this morning and then got the house ready for vacuuming.  I really like the built-in system we have here.  And we have setups for carpet as well as for the hardwood floors. It makes short work of that chore! Afterward, I went out to the workshop and cut up some more cardboard for the recycle bin. With all the shelving and stuff we have purchased, we sure do have a lot of cardboard and Styrofoam to recycle!  With the plastics and recycles from the house, I cut up the cardboard and break up the Styrofoam to fill up the container before trash day.  After I finished the cardboard, I started cutting up branches I trimmed the other day so they would fit in the trash container.  Right as I was finishing that up, Mike and Pat Myers pulled up in their rv.  I got them backed in and hooked up and we visited for a while.  My sister had already left for her house.  While she is waiting for the work to be done (painting and carpeting and before the pod is ordered up) she wants to go in and do a heavy cleaning of the cabinets, cupboards, fridge, etc. when everything is empty.  We decided to go over and harass and/or help her.  Mike and I fixed a window adjuster and I added a doorstop plus put in some bulbs in the patio lights.  We hung around for a while and talked then came back to the house to drop off her car and then we headed out to Sweet Home to the Skyline Diner for dinner.  We hadn’t been there before so why not try it now!  It was good.  I got the liver and onions (not bad) and Lydia got prime rib which she said was good as well.  We will go back again. We drove them up to and around Foster Lake before returning home.  Mike and I watched the playoff games.  Lufkin Texas goes up against Japan tomorrow. It will be a tough game for Texas but we’ll see.    

No comments:

Post a Comment