About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 21, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #41 – Workshop Cabinets and Inspections



(New pics added to last post! Check it out.)

Saturday, August 19th, 2017…..   Another day and another trip to Albany!  I still wanted those workshop cabinets and they were on sale today only so off we went again!  I bought one cabinet and two racks plus I picked up a lawnmower for my sister’s yard. Hey – everything was 50% off!

Once back and unloaded, we had a relaxing day of doing very little. Later in the afternoon, Penny got a call that she had been waiting for – the house was done and ready for the walk through!  We ate and she headed over.  We cleaned up a bit and then followed in our car.  The house was indeed empty but we all found things that needed to be addressed before closing.  Aimee will convey all of that to the seller’s agent to be addressed.   


Sunday, August 20th, 2017…..  This morning we all slept in and then took off for breakfast about 10:00am.  We went to Applewoods, one of the larger local restaurants in Lebanon.  The eclipse crowd has made it to Oregon to be in the viewing belt and we’ve been told that everything will be crowded.  There were folks in there but it was a Sunday morning-after church-meal day for most so we got a table right away.  After a good meal, we did a drive-by Penny’s house.  There was activity but we didn’t stop. But it looks like they’re at least working on getting it done.  The seller wants to close too!  We left there and then drove out Hwy 20 to Sweet Home (15 miles west of us) to see that area and Foster Lake.  Even that area was pretty quiet.  There is a local area here on Hwy 20 where they have festivals and fairs and concerts and such and they have opened it to campers for the eclipse.  That area was pretty full but still not too much traffic and the lake wasn’t crowded.  We got back home and chilled out for the day with nothing on the agenda.  Penny got a text that the house was again ready.  She and the girls went to check it out. Rick and I watched little league games out in my motorhome.  The girls got back (the house was good to go!) and later, they called us in for dinner.  They fixed Janie’s chicken casserole, with rice-a-roni as a side and blackberry cobbler or lemon cake for dessert.  Very good! We watched some taped programs while Penny talked on her phone to her friends about the events today.  Tomorrow is eclipse day so we made plans – get up, go outside and relax on the porch – and wait! Total eclipse is a little after 10:00am.    

No comments:

Post a Comment