About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #99 – Farmer’s Market & Visiting



Saturday, July 28th, 2018……   The start of another quiet weekend. Rylee is getting better about getting us up super early. Her routine is to sleep on the floor (too hot for her on the bed) and then about 5:45am she puts her paws up on me to see if I’m awake. I am now! She gets up on the bed, we play for a bit, then I take her out to potty and to give her breakfast.  I got through the play part and then Grammy volunteered to get up and take her out and then feed her. Yaay! I got to relax a bit more! Once l get up, and get showered and dressed, I get doggie duties and Lydia can go get ready for the day. Today she was going to the Corvallis Farmers Market with Penny and Marlyn.  The also planned to do a little walking around downtown Corvallis so I passed and stayed home and watched Rylee and the Tour. I had planned on going to Walmart to get some stuff to spray on the gutters but I didn’t make it. I ended up laying around the house and doing nothing in general. The girls dropped Lydia off and she took a nap after her morning. That was about it until she fixed us a nice dinner and we watched episode 1 of The Great Food Truck Race. This has always been one of our favorite summer shows so we were waiting for this for a while. After that we called it a night.    

Here's some pics of Marlyn and Penny out exploring and having fun!



Sunday, July 29th, 2018……  Nothing on the agenda today. I reconciled my monthly bills and paid those not on auto-deduct. Today was the final race for the Tour de France. I thought the 21 stages were very interesting and I was entertained. I just don’t get the fans who stand out in the middle of the road with costumes and flags and just get in the way of the riders. Crazy! If I ever get to Europe and we see the tour, it will be somewhere where it is calm and we can watch in comfort without driving up a mountain or cramming unto a busy street! Anyway, this year’s race was fun to watch. The girls came over this afternoon and they sat around and drank some wine and visited a bit. Of course, Rylee was there not missing anything! 




I watched my races and then went out and checked on my rv fridge. It stopped working the other day when Lydia turned down the cooling temp. I think the cooling unit is gone now so I’ll have to look into getting it fixed. I also have been watering the heck out of my lawn and also have set up a watering system for the grapes, apples, and blueberries.  The lawn is automatic but I’ve got to go out and turn on the system for the fruit. We’ve set up a timer alarm in the house that goes off so I don’t forget to shut the line off before we go to bed. It’s a little work but all of the bushes/trees look a lot better now that they are getting water!      

No comments:

Post a Comment