About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #129 – RV Work Wraps Up and Partying at Home!


 

Thursday, October 4th, 2018…...  Today, Maryanne was due in. She was flying in to Eugene this evening (6:30pm). The plan was for all of us to go get her and then stop at Coburg Pizza for dinner on the way home. I was still waiting for delivery and was skeptical that I would be able to get everything done and get back in time. Even though Chuck had the fridge removed and the cooling unit out and everything was ready,






we still had to get the new one. The part was being trucked in overnight from Spokane and wasn’t due in until later this morning. So, I took off again and headed to find some Kmart stores. If you don’t know, they have been systematically shutting them down all across the states, but I went anyway. The first one was closed but I found another one close by that had signs up announcing their Thanksgiving timeframe closure. I have rewards points and had $13.00 I was going to lose next week. So, I found a dress shirt, some t-shirts, and a nice water-resistant winter jacket ($60.) all of which were 40% off. With my discount, I spent just over $30.00 for everything!  We need to check to see if/when our Corvallis store is closing. I got back and found that the unit was delivered and he already had it installed and was just now making all the connections.


Later, he started it up and ran it on gas to burn the ‘new’ off it. It was working and immediately we could see that it was starting to cool as it should. I had a talk with both Ed and Chuck and we decided it might be best that I stay one more night. That way we could get the true readings and see if we had it fixed or not. I knew it was going to be ok but decided to stay anyway. That way, 1) I wouldn’t have to maneuver through the tight streets at night, and 2) I could get out before most of the morning commute got going. So, I headed out and went and found a pizza joint and brought dinner home to eat. I had a few shows taped to watch before settling in for the night.

Meanwhile, Lydia and Sis were planning on heading down to pick up Maryanne. They had a nice meal and headed back to drop Lydia off and then go home to rest and settle in for the night.  




Friday, October 5th, 2018…...  I woke up early. There is rain in the forecast and even though it wasn’t due in the Portland area until 10:00am or so, it was supposed to be a lot colder beforehand. Well, it was!  I ended up plugging in the electric heating pad on the bed but it was still cold when you had to get out of that bed! But, as I said, I woke up early and got going. I had the rig road ready and I even moved it out to the street and hooked it up before they opened. I settled my bill. It was $2100.00, which was $2000. for the cooling unit and $100. for an air conditioner shroud that I needed to replace (and they had in stock).  Pretty much what I expected to pay and I was relieved they didn’t kill me on labor and the cost of getting the expedited and higher priced unit! I got out of there about 8:15am and made my way through the narrow streets with no issues (and no rain) and headed downtown on I-84 and then on to the I-5 and made it home (it did rain all the way) at 10:05am. and got the car unhooked (thankfully the rain stopped) and the rig stowed away in the garage and then went in to see Rylee and then take a shower. I was done for the day! Lydia was gone when I got home. She had left to go to Penny’s and they visited and toured and shopped. They came home and then left again for Corvallis. They got Lydia back in time for her to make her long-scheduled nephrologist appointment (still doing well) and then she stopped by to get me to go to Penny’s for dinner. She had crock-potted pork chops and made mashed potatoes and green beans and we had a tasty meal. 




We left after a bit and came home and rested and watched tv until bedtime.               

Saturday, October 6th, 2018…... The girls had plans today. They wanted to go to Chuck and Linda’s yard sale to see if Penny’s help was needed (no). They ended up scouring the property for interesting rocks. Yes, rocks! Cherrelyn, Maryanne and Penny all brought bags of them here. They took them out and washed and scrubbed them. Penny’s will stay up here but we got the task of transporting the rest down with us in the rv when we head south later in the year. I gave them grief but we have plenty of room in the cargo bay so no worries. The rest of the plan was for them to head back home, clean up and get laundry and clothes out, and then stop and get dinner and bring it back here. We will eat and then sit around and spend some time with our friend Fireball and enjoy the evening!  Cherrelyn and Maryanne will stay here tonight. Their plan is to sleep in the motorhome. So, I prepped it and got the space heater out if/when they need it. They talked Penny into staying too. She will sleep in our guest room. Will report more later….
Ok, the Fireball was a hit! We (everyone except Lydia) enjoyed our spirits and we had a great time, laughing and talking until it got too late to stay up. Penny went to bed. The girls headed out to crash in the rig and Lydia and I called it a night.      

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the chunks of tree sap Chuck helped me find. 🤣🤣🤣 Good times

    #fireinthehole

    ReplyDelete