About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #132 – Coastal Trip and a House Guest



Saturday, October 13th, 2018…...  Both of us slept well last night. I didn’t want to get up, but butthead made me! I fed her and showered and walked her. Neither of us had anything on our plates today so we just hung out around the house. Lydia made a trip to pick up her prescription and stopped at Walmart for a few things but that was it. We had a relaxing day and evening. I watched a few races and then the Dodger game (2). We won! Yaay! Lydia has a ton of her Hallmark shows/movies to watch so we relaxed and then went to bed early.

Sunday, October 14th, 2018…... Nothing planned today either. So, we loaded up super pooper and took a drive. Lydia said, ‘let’s go to the coast’, so we headed south to Eugene and then took hwy126 to Florence. We found a park and let Rylee out to explore. We didn’t take her in the water because we didn’t bring any towels to dry her off. Maybe next time. But at least she got to stretch her legs and smell some coastal smells and play in the sand. We brought her food so she got her lunch and then we packed up and continued on north up hwy101. On the way up, we saw a ton of places we’d like to come back to. We made it to Newport and then stopped for ‘linner’ at a sea food drive-thru. I went in and figured out what I wanted (shrimp and chips) and then came back out to the car to stay with Rylee. Lydia went in and ordered and brought it out to the car. Once we finished eating we started back east on hwy34 and got home and fed our pooch her dinner. She immediately went to lay down and slept for the rest of the evening and then through the night. We had a few cookies for snacks and settled in and watched Dancing With the Stars Juniors and then our own recorded programs before calling it a night.      

Monday, October 15th, 2018…...  Today we slept in. Rylee was rarin’ to go! I walked her and went and got breakfast then went out to work in the shop. Lydia had bought new dishes (Mikasa from Costco) and we packed our old ones in the boxes so I had to find a place for them on the storage racks in the shop. I moved a few things around and got that done. By then Lydia was dressed and ready so we took off to Albany with our bottle/can recycling. We ran them through the machines and got $57.40. On the way home, we stopped at Walmart and picked up a few things. My sister came over this morning and brought Quincy but she came back later to talk. She has a Dr’s. appointment tomorrow in Salem and had already asked me to come over and take Quincy out tomorrow. But she thought about it and came by to ask if Quincy could stay the night here. That way she gets a good night’s sleep and I don’t have to go anywhere. Besides, Quince likes to run here. She went off to run some errands and then came back later. We fixed dinner and then took the pups outside to run a bit before coming in for the evening and settling in. Quincy still wants to get up on both our bed and the one in the bedroom, and even though Rylee can get up there, they are getting along really good now. So, when we went to bed we just left it up to them where they wanted to sleep. Rylee came in with us and Quincy stayed in the guest room and then moved over to our couch before morning. I got up about 3:30am (and went to the bathroom) then let them out one at a time to potty. All was good and everyone had a great night!    

No comments:

Post a Comment