About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, October 29, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #137 – Another Hospital Trip!



Saturday, October 27th, 2018…...  Not a good day. The plan was to wait until my sister got discharged, then go get her. She will need Lydia’s care in treating her while she’s here. Only problem was Lydia didn’t feel well this morning. She got up and made it to my chair in the living room. I knew something was wrong. I figured it was another bout of uti. I made her throw on some clothes and we went to the er. It is a 3.8-mile trip and we got there and got checked in. No lines, no waiting. They ran all of the tests and even did a cat scan. She has a urinary tract infection but also has discomfort from her diverticulitis. They admitted her a few hours later. I had made one trip home to feed the dogs and then finally left for the night to allow her to get some rest. Meanwhile, my sister has decided to stay one more day in the hospital. She was able to get up and walk on her own but still felt she needed some more time. Plus, I would be the caregiver now so she wanted one more day with the nurses there.  So, I was at home with the dogs…
                             
Sunday, October 28th, 2018…...  This morning I did my doggie duties. Walked and fed both pups and then ate breakfast and then headed off to the hospital (with clean undies) to visit with Lydia for a while. She was feeling much better and was getting ready to order lunch. The plan was for me to stay there with her and wait until sis called for me to come get her. They had one more infusion and she could leave in about an hour. So, I came home and let the dogs out and grabbed a drink and then headed up to Salem.  I timed it correctly and they were about ready to release her. They brought her down and we drove back home and got her squared away. Her friend, Janice, dropped by and they visited for a good while. Then I headed out to get dinner and after that fed the dogs then went back to see Lydia. Again, she was doing better yet. The doctor said maybe tomorrow she could go home. But they still had some labs to run and wanted another night. I got home later and everyone got settled in and we all relaxed from the busy day.    

Monday, October 29th, 2018…...  Today was a little like yesterday, but only one hospital to make runs to… Penny said she would just want toast and sausage and she could heat those up, so I took off and got breakfast and coffee for both of us. I already had walked the dogs. Quincy gets the ‘west 40’ walk/run, then I let the beast out to torment her for a while and run a bit. Then I bring Quincy in to feed her and while she eats, I take Rylee out on our street walk. Once all of that was done, I headed off to visit Lydia. The Dr. was in and again, said he wanted the test results before final release. I came home and rested for a bit then made some reservations for camping when we make our trip south next month. Later, I got the call that she needed one more shot and she could come home. I left the house early and went to a tire dealer here in town to check on tires for the motorhome and then went on and got her and now she’s home!  We ended up the day with me going to get dinner (Taco Bell) and her prescriptions from the pharmacy. We ate and then fed the dogs and then relaxed and watched DWTS before going to bed.

Saturday, In the ER.....  not good!



Sunday, resting in her room.....    a lot better!




Sunday evening, having dinner.... ready to go home!   



No comments:

Post a Comment