About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #130 – Saying Goodbye to our Visitors and Trailer Shopping


Sunday, October 7th, 2018…...  I sure slept well last night! Not only did the fireball help, but super mutt decided to sleep on the guest bed with my sister, so we had plenty of room! Rylee did come in about 5:00am and I got up to let her out and then she came back to our bed until I got up to feed her. Penny got up, made coffee, then took Quincy out for her walk. I showered and got dressed and then took Rylee out for her walk. The girls in the motorhome eventually made their way into the house and got cleaned up a bit. The plan today was to leave around 9:00am and head to Shirley May’s for breakfast. We got everyone loaded up and headed there, only to find out it was closed! So, we drove out to Sweet Home and went to Skyline to eat. We wanted to show them Shirley May’s, but oh well, it still turned out ok. The meal was really good. We drove up to Foster Lake and worked our way back home from there. The girls went back to Penny’s to shower. They came back and got Lydia and went to Walmart and then out to Grandpa’s Farms to get a couple of pumpkins. Lydia made a noodle casserole for dinner and a lemon cake for dessert and we all had another nice meal. Cherrelyn and Penny went home for the night. Maryanne stayed with us in the guest room.  

Monday, October 8th, 2018…... Today was a really early day for us. Ok, only for me! Maryanne had a plane flight home leaving Eugene Airport at 7:00am, so we had to leave at 5:30am, and I was the one taking her. So, I set my alarm for 4:30am so I could shower and put the coffee on. We both got up and everything went smoothly. Lydia was awake enough to get up and come say goodbye. My plan was to drop her off and then go do some errands around the Eugene area. It was hard to Maryanne go, given that she was only here for four days. But she has a life back home and needed to get back to work. After our hugs, I first headed off to Jerry’s hardware to look at a few things. I was getting hungry so I next headed off to The Kozy for breakfast. The sign said they were open but the lights were only on deep in the restaurant and the doors were locked. I didn’t want to wait so I headed back north and stopped at the Pioneer Inn, just off the I-5 and highway 228. Tim and Dana said they had really good breakfast. They were right, it was tasty, just a little too pricey to make it a regular stop. I was so close to home, I just kept on going. The other Eugene stops would have to wait for another time. I got home and rested for a while before going out and cleaning up the workshop a bit. While I was in the house, I found a listing on Craig'sList that had a trailer for sale that fits on the back of my garden tractor. So, after cleaning up the shop, it was after 10:00am so I called. He still had it and was located in Sherwood, just south of Beaverton, and I arranged to go see it. Lydia went with me. We got up there and still had time to go to Baja Sonora for lunch. After that, I drove to his address and looked it over. It needed air in both tires but was worth the $25.00 he wanted for it. We loaded it up and headed back. After unloading it and checking it out, it was time to head to Bigfoot Steakhouse and meet my sister and Cherrelyn for dinner. She leaves tomorrow so it was our last night with her. Penny treated. Thanks sis! Afterward, we came back home and kicked back and watched Dancing With the Stars and then called it a night.       

Tuesday, October 9th, 2018…... Today, Cherrelyn was heading back to Kingman. They came by to get Lydia to go with them to the shuttle stop. Cherrelyn’s flight was round trip to and from Portland and the shuttle is the way to go to get there. Afterward, Penny had a pre-op appointment in Salem and Lydia went with her for that. After saying my goodbyes, I walked Rylee and then headed out to look for tubes for the trailer tires. I hit Harbor Freight and then Wheeler Dealers with no luck. I came back and got the tires and drove back to town to Les Schwab Tires and had them put on there. That done, I came home and got them re-mounted and the cotter pins back in. I rolled the trailer out and gave it a good cleaning. It was missing the wooden rear gate, so I made a new one and got it painted to match and left it out to dry. I was done for the day. Sis and Lydia got back and I loaded Penny’s rocks into her car for her and came in and rested. Lydia had a late lunch but I skipped mine so I was hungry. Lydia fixed a quick Birdseye packaged pasta and chicken meal and that was it for us. We settled in and watched tv until bedtime.      

No comments:

Post a Comment