About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #131 – Urgent Care and Lawn Mowing


 

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018…...  Rylee had a little accident last night. I had let her out before bed but she didn’t go potty/poop. Sometime last night she got down off the bed and did her business on the living room carpet. We will make sure she goes tonight! I woke up and cleaned it up and then showered and took her out for her morning walk. Then I headed out for breakfast/coffee/tea. My project today was to work on the mailbox. I went out and removed all of the stuff from the post and prepped it for paint. I had gone to the Home Depot and had them match the bronze color of the mailbox so I could paint the post to match. I got two coats on it then upgraded the mounting pad for under the new box, while is bigger. I also put two coats on that and left it all to dry overnight. Tomorrow I will re-install all of the hardware and the newspaper box and take a picture. Lydia came in and told me she was heading to Urgent Care. She thinks her shingles are back! She hasn’t broken out but there is still sharp pain. When she got back, they told her that it was nerve remnants from the shingles. If you’ve ever had them, you know this happens. They sent a prescription for cream to the pharmacy but she had enough at home to use today. Poor girl! Something is always bothering her! But she’s tough and will get through this.  Oh yeah, forgot yesterday, so here is a pic of the trailer I just bought and fixed up. It will work well for moving things around the property.



I have some tree stumps out in the back field that I can now move. I finished up for the day and called it and came in and rested and had a late lunch. Later, Lydia came in my office and told me she was tired of lying around the house and wanted to go to Ixtapa for dinner and that it was her treat! So off we went. I was still full from lunch so I ordered a small burrito plate. It was just ok. We came back home and settled in and watched our taped tv programs until bedtime.       

Thursday, October 11th, 2018…...  No problems with Rylee last night, but I couldn’t sleep so I got up to work on this blog for a bit….
This morning I got up early and got going. After walking Rylee, I went out to check the grass. It was still too wet from the morning dew to mow. The temps are in the 70s during the day and no rain is expected for the next seven days. But it still gets down into the low 40s at night. The weather meter showed 38º this morning so I knew the dew would be there. But I was able to go out and get the mailbox installed.




The lawn was still too wet. But I was able to get out the string trimmer and cut back some of the edges that the mower can’t get to. So, I was ready for later in the day. Lydia  didn’t need to be on the tractor, bouncing around and rubbing the seat back and my sister was coming over anyway to help with the mowing, so later, when the grass was dry, she and I got started. Since I have another week with clear weather, I decided to just mow the lawn and not the field. I will try to do everything next time and will cut it super low because we think we are getting close to the rainy season when we won’t be able to mow anymore.  We wrapped up everything and even got the clippings picked up and put in the trash. Thanks, sis, for your help! Lydia made dinner and we sat in my room and watched some Guys Grocery Games episodes to get caught up a bit. Then we went to our own programs until bedtime.   

Friday, October 12th, 2018…...  We didn’t have much planned today. Rylee got her walk and then I took her out with me to the shop and tied her up so I could work on my screen repair. I got it installed with no issues but I guess the frame must have bent because when I went to reinstall it, it wasn’t sliding right on the tracks. I made some adjustments but if we can’t live with it, I will switch it out for the bedroom slider, which works better. I came in to have lunch and rest a bit and watched some of my taped Mecum auction episodes and then went back out and cleaned up from the work today. Later in the afternoon, I came in and watched the Dodger game (1). They lost today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.      

No comments:

Post a Comment