About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, October 1, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #127 – Beer and Baseball!


 

Saturday, September 29th, 2018…...  Today was Brewfest! We already had tickets and we decided to go around 1:30pm before it got crowded. As I mentioned before, we couldn’t get the vip tickets (sold out) so we got the general admission, which were $20.00 ea and got you three tokens each plus a 4 oz tasting glass. We each bought three more tokens for $5.00 ea and went in. Turns out that was the better deal! The vip tickets were $45.00 ea this year and got you 6 tokens plus a free t-shirt and vip seating for the music and the food. We didn’t use the seating last year. The only thing missing was the white screen-printed t-shirt. I had paid for the extra tasting tokens so sis decided to buy me a t-shirt. Mine was grey this time and nice. Thanks, sis!  We used out tokens wisely and made sure we got the types of beer each of us were interested in. I found three places that didn’t even ask for my token. I found that if you can get them talking they sometimes forget to ask!  It worked three times so I was way ahead of the game today! Midday, we stopped by the food trucks and ate. My sister went to Stick a Pork in It and got us a specialty dish I wanted to try. It was a deep-fried mashed potato ball with ground beef or pork in the middle. It was excellent! She also got us a corn on the cob which we always enjoy. Meanwhile, Lydia went to the Vietnamese truck that is owned by Danny, the husband of Jenny, who owns/runs the nail shop we both go to (Danny works there too). We tried his noodle plate with teriyaki chicken. It was the best thing I have eaten in a long time! His homemade soy sauce was made with little salt and his teriyaki sauce was homemade and tasty as well. We ate, and then made the second run of the booths, and used up our remaining tokens, one way or another - re-trying some we liked and finding others. Either way it was perfect! We did get a few sprinkles once during the day but not enough to stop anyone plus it made for a nice cooler day. Lots of fun! The only thing we missed out on was taking Rylee! We didn't remember any pets there last year but they are allowed. Oh well, next time!


About 4:00pm we made our way out. We had picked up Penny beforehand so Lydia drove and dropped her off and then we came home and kicked back the rest of the day. I know I zonked out because I was wide awake at 11:00pm and ended up staying up and watched tv until after midnight!          

Sunday, September 30th, 2018…...  Today we had nothing planned. We both slept in and thankfully Rylee didn’t press the issue too much. Lydia was the first one up and let me have a few more extra minutes of sleep. But we had nothing planned today anyway. She got her naps in during the day and I spent it watching Nascar races and cycling races. I also watched the last games of the regular baseball season. The Dodgers were in a position to either win or tie for the division or at least clinch a wildcard berth. Turns out they won and ended up tied for the division and will play the Rockies tomorrow for that. We ended the day not doing much but still ended up going to bed at our normal (10:00pm) time tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment