About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #133 – Baseball and a Dr's. Appointment


 

Tuesday, October 16th, 2018…...  We had two things planned for today. Get our hair cut and Lydia had a Dr’s appointment. Instead of Rylee’s walk, I took Quincy out by herself for her walk in the field and then let Rylee out to join her so they could run and play. After breakfast, I went out to the rv garage and pulled the pigtail cord that goes from the towbar to the Honda. I had noticed last week that it was in need of repair. I taped all of the cracked areas then wrapped it in a plastic sleeve and got it reinstalled. I also wanted to check the fridge. I keep it plugged in and checked the temps. Works fine but I had put a soda in and some water in the freezer. The water was frozen as expected but the soda was too. The temp was turned up too high so I lowered it and will check it tomorrow. When Lydia was up and dressed, we took off get our hair cut. We stopped by my sister’s house to help unload a tool box she bought at her friend’s yard sale last week. We also wanted to invite Linda and Chuck to dinner. Lydia set that up for Saturday. We headed home for lunch. Kirk came by and dropped off the tractor and did a couple hours’ work. Penny came by and got Quincy. The only thing left for the day was a Dr’s appointment for Lydia. Her diverticulitis was back. The nurse practitioner got her set up with antibiotics and she was back home pretty quickly. We had dinner and watched tv until bedtime. I stayed up late watching the playoffs. Dodgers won in 13 innings! Yaay!

Wednesday, October 17th, 2018…...  Another lazy day. Rylee got us up early but I let her out, fed her, then went back to bed for a while. No plans. I went out and got breakfast and then picked up Lydia’s prescription from the pharmacy. She’s doing ok but she’s taking it easy and not straying too far from the facilities for a while. Been watching the playoffs. Dodgers are doing ok and won again today and are ahead 3 games to 2. They play in Milwaukee on Friday. We had a nice lunch and I watched the game.  The rest of the day was spent kicking back and watching more taped tv and playing with Rylee. She is so energetic but that’s good for me. It gets me up and out more now. Neither one of us was really hungry for dinner so we decided to just eat the leftovers we had from the last two days.         

No comments:

Post a Comment