About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, December 31, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #159 – Looking Back and Looking Forward - Happy New Year!



Sunday, December 30th, 2018…...  This morning we both slept in. Lydia got up after I fed Rylee. I went back to bed. Still not feeling well. I have a sore throat and I’m starting to get a chest cough. Coughing causes a headache. I’m a mess!  I pushed through it and went out with Rylee for her walk. But most of the rest of the day was spent just hanging around the house and resting and watching football for me and classic movies for Lydia.   
       
Monday, December 31st, 2018……  I’m feeling way better today. So is Lydia. But we both still sound like foghorns!  Today was another day of resting and venturing outside only to get some fresh air and to let Rylee play outside a bit. The weather is nice today – no rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. But we are still going to take it easy. My sister is coming over later today but won't spend the night. She is dropping off Quincy for another sleepover. Her neighborhood has a lot of young families in it and they tend to celebrate loudly. Quincy does a lot better over here in our relatively quiet street. We’ll probably go out and pick up some dinner or have it delivered – not sure yet.
Last day of 2018! Wow, it seems like it just started! I want to spend some time writing about the year in recap:  
Highlight for me for sure was our 50th anniversary (love that woman!) and the ‘bestest’ trip to Hawaii. It took a lot of planning and execution but it was well worth it and we sure enjoyed ourselves!  I hope the rest of the family did as well.

Another highlight was getting our new puppy! She has become a major part of our life and even though we didn’t want to go through the puppy training and such, we wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! We sure love her.

Also important to us was getting the rv garage completed. It sure takes a load off us and having the motorhome now safe and securely stored out of the rain and cold is a great feeling.

It was also nice to see many of our friends and family who made the trek up here to visit with us. Mike and Cheri stayed in their rig while here. Carol stayed in our guest room. Our daughter in law, Maryanne also visited us as did Lydia’s sister, Frances.  Cherrelyn also came up twice to see us and Penny. We had visits with friends Paul and Alice and Carol and Gene, who spent the day with us. This is an open invitation to the rest of you – come on up! 

Of course, there were the low times this year, most of which was ill health. You’ve followed it all here so you know what Lydia was/is dealing with. She couldn’t have had any more happen to her all at once! But she’s gone through it all and has come out on top and I think is on the road to full recovery. Thank the Lord for that!   My sister also had a rough time with her surgeries and all of her treatments. But she too, is doing really well and getting stronger each day. My osteoporosis and asthma aren’t getting any worse, so other than that I guess that’s cause to be grateful. Now, if we can all get and stay healthy, we’ll be happy and ready to start the new year.

Needless to say, we are not planning to celebrate. I’m sure we’ll be in bed way before midnight! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  We wish you all the best in the new year and hope you can come up and visit us in 2019! And also, thanks for following us on this blog. Wow, 159 posts this year!  But I enjoy it and its fun for me and helps us keep track of things. Please keep reading and don’t forget to comment once in a while.     

No comments:

Post a Comment