About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, September 1, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #47 – Still Working on Both Houses..



Thursday, August 31st, 2017…..   I started today off by sleeping in a bit.  Penny went over to her house.  She has more painting estimates to get.  She’s trying to find someone who’s reasonably priced AND who will do the job in the shortest timeframe.  Tough task.  She’s also trying to buy and schedule carpet install asap.  Tough task.  I went over and we did some work there and then went to Albany to go to pick up the electrical cover that will best work on her outlet.  We also stocked up on stuff at Costco while we were there.  We came back and unloaded the groceries and then rested a while and then went to the local furniture store that was having a tent sale to check that out.  Didn’t find anything that we couldn’t live without for now. We dropped Penny back at home to pick up her car. We all came home and later Lydia fixed stuffed salmon for dinner and we called it a night.

Friday, September 1st, 2017…..  This morning I had several errands to run.  Penny had more estimates today.  I left and stopped and ran the truck through the local car wash and stopped at Jack in the Box for a breakfast burrito and then drove to Habitat for Humanity.  On Fridays, if you bring in 3 cans of food, you can get a 20% discount on everything storewide.  I had previously found some more cabinets for the workshop so I took advantage of the discount and got them all. That done, I headed home and unloaded them for installation another day! I then gathered up my pink slip for the Acadia and went to the DMV to get new plates.  Later, Lydia and I went to Walmart and I got some new license plate frames and she got some sirloin to cut up for steak burritos for dinner.  I put the license plates on and then went out to the motorhome and watched a few more taped shows before Penny got back and Lydia started dinner.  I went out to the shop and started plotting where I wanted everything to go.  They did have another kitchen island there today at HFH that would make a great work table.  I think it was marked a little high so I’ll have to go back in a week or so but I still can envision it going right over there…..


I went back in and helped with the prep in the kitchen and once done, we took dinner out to the motorhome and ate and caught up on some taped shows that we both watch together (like Master Chef and Guy’s Grocery Games). Lydia went back in the house and I went back in the shop and worked a bit and secured a cabinet I had purchased earlier to the wall. It was getting dark so I went back to the rig and watched tv until I got sleepy and came in to bed. Turns out we got a lot done today!             

No comments:

Post a Comment