About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #31 – Last Chemo Before Surgery and a Trip to Eugene


  

Thursday, March 1st, 2018…...  Today was another busy day for us. We got up early and took our showers and got ready. My sister came over at 6:45am and I was ready to walk Quincy.  She and Lydia left by 7:00am to go to Salem for Penny’s last chemo treatment before her surgery.  She had another consult so she wanted Lydia there for that.  After our walk, I fed the dog then took off to get the oil changed in the Honda.  I had a coupon from the local dealer in Albany so I went there.  I didn’t have an appointment but they got me in with no problem.  After that was done I went over to Walmart and tried to buy the two filters (air and cabin) that Honda wanted to charge me big bucks ($106.) to install.  Walmart had one for $13.78 and the other one was $18.95.  They were out of the second one but I ordered in on Walmart.com and picked it up in Lebanon later that morning.  I got those installed only to discover that the one that was in the store didn’t have the right part number inside the box so I had to go exchange that one. I’m guessing someone switched boxes to save a few pennies!  It took some time to get it all done but I’m good to go now. The girls were gone all day and stopped at Taco Bell to get dinner so we didn’t have to go out again. The rains are back in that sunny/rainy cycle but I managed to get Quincy out a couple of times when it was dry. Later, we ate dinner, Penny and Quincy went home, and we settled in and relaxed from our day.    

Friday, March 2nd, 2018……  Nice weather today, but rain in the forecast so no concrete today.  We have some sunny days predicted for next week so we’ll see what happens.  I started out paying some first-of-the-month bills. The next task was to hang some more pictures in the master bath.  That room is about done but we still need more around the house, so we took off, this time to Eugene, to look around there. We found a few things but still need to look for more. We had made plans to stop by Costco and get a roasted chicken for dinner but we decided that we would rather go to Buffalo Wild Wings while we were in Eugene. It’s the closest one to us and we hadn’t been in a while. They just added a few new items to the menu so we tried the loaded potato wedges (minus the onions) along with our wings. The meal was really good and served as linner so no cooking tonight!  On the way out of the parking lot, Lydia spotted these



and handed me her phone, “ooohh take a picture of those!” We’re not sure what they all are but they are blooming up here now. We drove back home through a few sprinkles and when we got back we found that it was totally dry here and didn’t get any of the rains they said were happening.  I know the concrete guys don’t work the weekends – I sure wish they did – because we have no rain for the weekend. I went out to the shop and spent a few minutes getting my bench ready for sanding and then went in for the evening. We relaxed and watched tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment