About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #39 – A Lazy Sunday and Tasks on Monday


  

Sunday, March 18th, 2018…… I’m finding my new ‘alarm clock’ comes in our room around 7:00am to check to see if I’m up yet! She’s pretty quiet but each trip she gets a little louder hoping I’ll get out of bed and get dressed and take her for her walk.  I managed a few more minutes today but I got up and got her out.  She knows the drill – we walk the property and she does her business once out there.  We stop at the trash can in the garage where I dump the doggie bag and then pick up her leash.  Once she sees that, she heads for the end of the driveway to get hooked up for her walk up the street. She finds another spot off the road there to drop another present (all of these always get picked up).  We get back and I throw the chuck-it tennis ball a few times, then we go in and she gets fed. After that, we can get showered and cleaned up and ready for the day. Not much to get ready for today. Lydia started a crockpot pork roast and carrots dish for dinner and that was about all any of us did.  I did get out to the shop for a few minutes to prep my stuff for more work tomorrow on the steps.  That was about it for me. Penny caught up on calls to her friends and we watched tv and took it easy for the rest of the day and evening.       
  
Monday, March 19th, 2018……  This morning I got up (same time, same alarm) and we did our morning routine. The weather has been great all weekend, just a few sprinkles, otherwise nice and sunny.  I keep hoping to get that call that the concrete truck is coming! Dana did call last night to let me know they are trying to expedite things but all they are told is ‘maybe this week’.  We’ll see….
Lydia and I decided to run over and check my sister’s house today.  Her neighbor is parking their vehicles in and out of her driveway so that’s good.  Her mailman knows Tina, our mail carrier, and he’s giving her Penny’s mail to add to my box.  Try having that happen in SoCal! The house was fine. We picked up a few items she asked for then we headed over to Ace to get the rest of the material for my steps. I worked on that and Lydia and Penny hung around the house.  My plan was to get my project done and then come in and vacuum the carpets and then swiffer the hardwood floors. Only problem was I discovered that my back was tightening up so I came in and took some Aleve and called it a day. We did go out to pick up Carl’s Jr for take-out for dinner.  Quick and easy. We finished up the evening watching tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment