About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #35 – Another New TV and Seeing a Play


 

Friday, March 9th, 2018…...  The girls took off this morning to go to Salem to do some shopping, while I went to go look for tvs.  I hit Walmart, Fred Meyer, Kmart, and Bi Mart but didn’t see anything that I wanted. I had seen a few on Best Buy but only online.  I think we’ll go there tomorrow.  I put the last coat of poly on the bench and sat it outside to dry. I will leave it close to the jobsite for for now for Tim and Dana and then move it out to the back of the property after I prep that area. The girls got back and that was the extent of the day.  We finished up with dinner and tv until bedtime.   

Saturday, March 10th, 2018……  Lydia and I ate breakfast at home then took off to Eugene to go to Best Buy.  I found what I wanted, a 43” Sharp Smart TV for the guest room.  It’s the right size and we already have a Sharp tv in the motorhome and we like it plus it was on sale ($249.00). We shopped a bit in the store (didn’t buy anything else) and then left there to go eat someplace. We decided to go to Newman’s, one of our favorite seafood places in Eugene. I had the best scallops I’ve had since we moved up here!  Lydia had shrimp and we swapped some and they were good too! After lunch, we drove home and I set up the tv.  No problem with that.  We rested and watched tv until it was time to leave for our evening out.  We drove to Albany and went to Pop’s Branding Iron Restaurant for dinner (veal cutlet for me and fried chicken for Lydia – yummy!) before heading over to West Albany High School to see their play, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  The original hit musical was filmed in Oregon so we’re guessing it’s a popular base for plays up and around here.  They must do this annually because these kids did an excellent job!  The sets and direction were top notch and could match the local playhouses down in SoCal to the talent!  And the kids could sing and dance too! After our fun night we headed out. Driving home, we quickly realized that we hadn’t been out this late at night up here before – and soon discovered that driving in the country, going through the closed down (I mean really closed down!) town was surreal!       
Even Albany was deserted! We got back and wound down a bit before settling in for the night. Time changes in a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment