About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #34 – Planning for the Puppy!


    


Wednesday, March 7th, 2018…...  This morning Penny was feeling well enough to walk Quincy but she wanted to do it over here in case I needed to take over. But she did fine and after the walk, she sat with us for a few minutes.  We had gotten up and got ready for the day well before she got here, which is unusual for Lydia. I told her I was going to take the remaining four bags of plastic bottles to the recycling station in Albany and asked her if she wanted to come.  I guess she was bored because she said she wanted to go.  We stopped at Original Breakfast in Albany. It was only our second time there and we realized why.  The prices are really high.  It’s right off the I5 exit so I guess they get away with that for the passing motorists, but we won’t go back again and we told them so. Plus, our server wasn’t very friendly. Afterwards, we stopped by the PetSmart in Corvallis and looked at a few things.  We need a transport cage, a small dog bed, and some new food and water dishes. Lydia couldn’t resist a larger doggie bed, which we will use down the road, when she’s bigger. We got back and rested for a while and had lunch then went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping.  I am also looking for a tv for the guest room and Walmart has really good prices.  I will probably buy on Walmart.com and pick up in the store. We got home and got everything put away and rested until dinner.  Then it was Survivor and then bed.        


Thursday, March 8th, 2018……  We got up early this morning and got going.  Penny came by and this time she asked me to walk Quincy, which I did.  After that, it started to rain a little.  I didn’t want to work on my next coat of poly for the bench so I took off and went to Habitat for Humanity, stopping for breakfast and coffee and gas for my truck on the way. I found a few tools but not much there today. On the way home, I stopped at Coastal Farm and Ranch, to look for some fencing material.  We plan on putting up a small fenced-in area off the back porch for potty training purposes, something on the grass but something I can easily move when I mow out there. Between Coastal and Wilco (another farm supply place) I found some interesting possibilities.  I need to also build some temporary steps coming off the back porch, which will lead down to the penned-in area.



We also have to think some more about what we want to do regarding future fencing the property.  Later in the day, I went back out to the shop with the intention of putting the next coat of poly on the bench. It will be outside and it’s oak so the more coatings I can put on it, the longer it will last out there. But it’s still raining and very windy and it was getting too close to dinner to start the task so I took some measurements for building those temporary steps before coming back in the house and calling it a day. We ate dinner while almost catching up on our taped episodes of Guys Grocery Games before splitting up and watching our own shows for the rest of the evening.         



No comments:

Post a Comment