About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #33 – Walking Quincy and Work on the Garage Continues


  


Monday, March 5th, 2018…...  We both got up early and I got showered and left to go over to walk Quincy.  I always enjoy her energy.  She’s well behaved and walks great on a leash but has that enthusiasm when we first get going and pulls like a freight train!  It’s fun!  I usually take her in one of two directions. Yesterday we did the ‘river’ route, which takes us down to the shore of the Santiam River.  They have a small park there and plenty of room to explore. But I don’t let her off leash in case another dog happens by. This morning we walked the ‘canal’ route, which follows a diversion creek behind a bunch of houses.  This time I switched the route a bit on the way home, walking up and around the block before returning her home. After a few minutes I left and stopped by Jack in the Box and Starbucks and brought breakfast and coffee and tea back home.  After Lydia got dressed, she came out and we replanted some offshoot daffodils from the future rv parking pad over to the flower bed.  Once that was done I relocated my lawnmower and edger to the potting shed and then put the first coat of varnish on the bench. Turns out I had both varnish and tack cloths in my shop saving me a trip to the hardware store. After those tasks were done, we rested for the day.  Still no word from the contractors….        

Tuesday, March 6th, 2018……  I got a text this morning that my sister was coming here and would I walk Quincy.  I like that Quincy really likes it over here and gets a chance to run off leash.  They arrived and I was already outside waiting.  We did our tour around the west 40 and then the back of the yard, and I threw the ball for her for a while. Then I took her on the leash out on Oak Creek Way.  We always go up to Main St. and then back again.  Once we were done, I fed her breakfast and sat with Penny and Lydia for a while.  We had mentioned that we needed to go to Corvallis to the BofA there. I got my supply of the new checks I had ordered but the routing number had changed so I wanted to confirm that everything was ok (it was). Penny asked if she could ride along as she wanted to transfer her account and order new checks. That done, we went looking for the right office to get Quincy’s dog license. After two stops in Corvallis (wrong county) and two stops in Albany, we finally found the right office and got that task done and then headed back home. Tim and Dana texted me earlier saying they were coming by this afternoon to dig the trench and set the electrical rough in for the garage.  I helped Tim relocate the storage tank that Walt had left here. It was used to store his farm diesel fuel he used in his lawnmower.  Mine runs on gas and I don’t have any need for the tank.  It was sitting right at the front corner of the shop where the electrical will junction. We moved it behind the shop for now.  I will take pictures of it tomorrow and put it on Craig’s List.  Maybe I can sell it and make a few bucks.  We ate lunch and rested a bit and watched tv.  I went back out and talked to Tim & Dana as they were finishing up and then came in the house. 




Lydia didn’t get anything out for dinner and said she would buy if I could pick a place. Neither of us was really hungry and nothing sounded good so we settled on scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese.  It was easy to fix and easy to clean up.  Once that was done, we settled in and watched tv till bedtime.       

No comments:

Post a Comment