About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, March 5, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #32 – Outside Tasks and the Watching the Oscars




Saturday, March 3rd, 2018…...  As promised, the weather this morning was spectacular! The temperature started out at 45º and got up above 62º before noon.  So, after breakfast, I went out and sanded down my bench.  I still need to go get tack cloth and varnish for the next steps, but I’m in no hurry. I ran the tractor again for a while.  It runs great when it’s primed with starting fluid but won’t start on its own.  I’ll try topping off the tank and we’ll see if that helps. Still, no hurry for this as the grass is still too wet to walk on much less run a tractor on.  I remember Walt saying some years he couldn’t get out to mow until late April. Now I understand!

Sunday, March 4th, 2018……  Today was a lazy Sunday.  No rain in the forecast for this morning, supposed to get a bit this evening though. I did get a text from my sister asking me if I could come over to walk Quincy, which I did do.  Afterward, I stayed a bit but left shortly to allow her to go get some rest. This was her last treatment before the scheduled March 15th surgery, so even though she’ll still be feeling the effects for a few more days, she, at least for now move, can move forward for the next phase. She’s definitely ready! Once I got back home, it was a kick back day, doing nothing but lounging around the house and catching up on my taped races.  We watched the Academy Awards show and then we called it a night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment