About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #38 – Going Home and Taking Care of Our Patient!


 

Friday, March 16th, 2018…...  This morning we got to sleep in a bit. I did my morning walk with Quincy (this time in the morning light!) and we both ate our breakfasts.  Lydia and I gathered up a few things for sis and then we took off for Lydia’s labs and then on to Salem. We figured it would just be for a visit. But right before we went in to the Dr’s office, Penny called and said she was going to get to come home today and she should have all her meds out and it would probably be around noonish.  Good thing we weren’t driving the truck!  After the labs, we drove up to Salem and went to Sears to kill some time.  Red Robin was right next door so we stopped there and had lunch. Then we drove to the hospital and went up to her room.  She was one iv short of checkout so we waited around.  After that, she got dressed and was ready to go…



We got back home around 3:00pm and I walked Quincy while Lydia helped het her settled in. We all rested until dinner. About 8:00pm Lydia helped her with her drains and then she took some pain meds and turned in early. We stayed up and watched tv until bedtime.    
    
Saturday, March 17th, 2018……  We slept great last night. Penny said she did too but was in some pain. I woke up early and got Quincy out and walked.  Then I came in and showered and got ready for the day.  We had no plans today other than run to the store.  Lydia has become the nurse around the house and is taking good care of her patient. Penny is up for a while and does her steps around the house, then goes back to bed or the couch to rest. Later in the afternoon, we headed off to Walmart to get some more tape for her dressings plus a few things for dinner. We’ll eat early tonight and I’ll get Quincy fed as well (and then walked before dark) and then we’ll settle in for the night. The weather this week has been off and on rain, so the concrete trucks were only out and working 1-2 days this week.  Guess we weren’t that lucky that we would be on that list!  Also, we have been getting a few puppy pics from Beckie. This one shows mommy out for a break and all eight pups sawing logs. 



They are now just short of 4 weeks old.  We’re getting excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment