About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #40 – Spring Time in Oregon and More Labs



Tuesday, March 20th, 2018……   FIRST DAY OF SPRING!  Yaaay! The weather today is supposed to be gorgeous.  But we are not exactly finished with winter weather.  The say we do have a large front coming in tomorrow though, with thunderstorms predicted.  They also expect snow in the mountains down to 1500 ft.  We are only at 340 ft. so we’ll just get the rain. But again, the bad weather just puts the concrete pour on hold yet another week! I got up and going early this morning.  Daylight is around 7:16am, and Quincy knows to come get me at 7:00am! It’s ok, though.  I don’t mind getting up and going early.  With her walk done, I fixed us both breakfast and then I went out and finally finished the steps. 



I had to custom cut the small pieces in between the 2x8’s but I have a table saw that made quick work of that! Once that was done, all I needed to do was get the steps level and I was done.  I rested a bit and took pictures





and then went back out to the shop and cleaned up.  Using the table saw reminded me that even though I have the vacuum system hooked up on the chop saw, I still need to run a line to suck the sawdust from the table saw. That project will be on my list of shop projects to work soon. My sister was feeling pretty good today so she decided to venture out and go to the store with Lydia.  She got an electric scooter and said she did fine.  They got back and I came in from the shop and unloaded the car and after they got things put away, they rested. They said they planned dinners for the next few days and got everything they needed for that. We ate lunch and since we are expecting rain for the rest of the week, I decided to get out the Honda mower and do the small patch of lawn next to the rv. It’s really too small for the tractor and the Honda has a catcher so it is a lot neater using that.  I first had to get the string trimmer out and gassed up and running so I could trim up under the coach so the mower could get the trimmings.  I ended up going over the grass twice just to get all of the grass cut and picked up.  It was really thick and green and tall! That wiped me out so once I got everything cleaned up and put away, I was done for the day. Since we all ate late lunches, we bypassed dinner.  But Lydia did fix some pistachio pudding and we had that as a snack later. We watched tv and relaxed after our day.         
  
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018……  Nothing on the list for today. I got Quincy walked. The rain wasn’t due in until later this evening so we were good to go. I decided to make a run to Albany and do another check at the Habitat for Humanity store there. I stopped on the way and got a chorizo and egg breakfast burrito from a place I had driven by several times and wanted to try.  I liked it better that the other place on the east end of town.  Nothing to be found at HFH so I drove back home. When I got back, Lydia said she received a call from her nephrology office that they wanted to cut back on some of her meds.  Her new doctor spoke with her old doctor in Calif. and they agreed that existing doses were changing her immune system a bit. She has to go in and do a series of lab draws and then to a hematologist for analysis and subsequent adjustments.  They think the upset stomach and nausea she experienced a few weeks ago may be a result of and/or sparked by her meds and the fact that she has been on the same dosage since the first year after her transplant (1998). She’s had no other issues and feels fine so we’re looking at this as a preventative measure.
Later in the afternoon, we got a few sprinkles, enough to wet the grass so I’m glad I got that done yesterday. After leftover pork, which Lydia made into pulled pork sandwiches, I cleaned up and we watched tv (Survivor tonight) and a few other shows before bedtime.  By then the rains started back up again.  They say we’ll have light rain for the next several days, probably through the weekend.    

No comments:

Post a Comment