About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, March 12, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #36 – Dinner Out and Finally Mowing the Lawn!


 

Sunday, March 11th, 2018…...  I slept in this morning, but Lydia got up early even with the time change.  The sun was out and shining brightly first thing this morning but it was still a chilly 45º out.  It is supposed to get up in the high 60’s this week with little rain in the forecast.  Keep your fingers crossed for us that we get a concrete pour this week! Lydia volunteered to fix breakfast but I beat her to it and already ate.  So, we just kicked back and leisurely spent the day, watching tv and straightening up a bit.  My sister called and asked if we wanted to go to dinner with her later.  So, we met with her at 5:00pm at Ixtapa and had a nice meal.  Thanks, sis! Then it home and tv until bedtime. I am watching the Paralympics but I haven’t gotten in to it as much as I thought I would.  

Monday, March 12th, 2018……  Another nice day!  The sun was shining again and we were ready to get to work!  But we slept in later than we wanted so neither of us got rolling until after 9:00am. Lydia fixed that breakfast she was going to make on Sunday.  I got my mushroom and swiss omelet. Yummy!
Sis was going to Clackamas today for her pet scan, prior to her surgery on Thursday.  They pick her up in a cab/uber for these tests up in the Portland area. We will go over later and let Quincy out to pee.  So, I went out to the shop and started in on layout for the steps.  Lydia wanted deeper, shallower steps for the pup to use to get back and forth from the back porch to the grass.  So, I started on the calculations for the rise and depth of each step. That done, I made a scale drawing on some butcher paper taped on my work bench. I needed lumber so Lydia and I took off around noon and got what we needed at the local Economy Ace Hardware.  We stopped by and let Quincy out and played with her for a while before heading back home.  Lydia went to work on laundry and cleaning up one of her areas in the closet, while I got one of the three stringer stanchions cut and assembled.  I have been keeping an eye on the grass, checking moisture to see if I could mow it.  I decided to put the step project on hold and give it a shot and got the tractor out.  I filled it up with gas and it ran fine so off I went.  I got the ‘lawn’ mowed with no problems, although I think I’ll take a rake out there tomorrow and get some of the clippings picked up.  The lawn was really thick! The ’field’ grass will have to wait for another day. Tomorrow I have some of the outer areas to mow plus the side next to the driveway where I have parked the motorhome.  For that I will use the power mower. Meanwhile, Lydia went out and sat in the flowerbed again and pulled more weeds. We got all of our work done and I closed up the shop and we called it a day. We went in and ate leftover soup for dinner and watched Master Chef Jr.  I am always impressed with the knowledge and talent of these 8-13 yr. old young chefs. They are amazing!       

No comments:

Post a Comment