About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, March 26, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #42 – Eugene Outing and Buying a Discount Card


    

Saturday, March 24th, 2018……  Something different today…  Same ole walk and feed the dog routine, thou. This morning the weather was really nice (a little chilly but clear skies) so we got to do the full tour. I asked the girls if they wanted in on my road trip to Eugene this morning.  They both got their showers and off we went.  Since it was still pretty early when we left and none of us ate, we stopped in Eugene and had breakfast at Elmer’s.  I then found Woodcraft of Eugene (it’s actually in Springfield). This place was cool! I found what I needed but I looked around a bit and now I want more woodshop tools! We left there and cruised past Graveyard Carz, where the tv show is filmed.  They were closed today but a couple of the kids came out to walk their dog and we talked briefly. We also stopped at Fred Meyer on the way back home.  Just got a few things for the puppy.  We think we have everything we need except the transport crate and piddle pads, but those we can get at Walmart anytime.  We got back home and snacked and then rested and watched tv until dinnertime.  Lydia has been wanting to go to Skyline for prime rib, which is served Fri-Sun. Her and Penny split a twelve oz cut and ordered their own baked potatoes.  I just had soup and a French dip sandwich.  We came back and played with Quincy for a while and then settled in to watch our taped tv programs until bedtime.

Sunday, March 25th, 2018……  No plans today.  Weather is nice but still a chill in the air.  Both of my Nascar races in Virginia got snowed out both Saturday and today.  Both are rescheduled for tomorrow. I had other things to watch so that’s how I spent my day.  The NCAA basketball games are on today.  I’m not a fan but I watch each game for a few minutes.  I’ll watch the final four and the championship game though. We took Quincy out a couple of times to pee and play tug-of-war with one of Bailey’s old toys. My sister can’t play with her too much so I get to do it.  Did I mention she wears me out! Lydia and Penny did some laundry this afternoon and Lydia got ribs in the crockpot for dinner.  They were great! I caught up on some finances and then went online and purchased a promotional discount card from station KATU (ABC local tv).  It benefits Ronald McDonald House and gives the user 4 free admissions to ten different venues in Northwest Oregon, any time from Mar. 1st to Sep. 30th. 

Oregon Zoo
Pittock Mansion
Oregon Film Museum
Lan Su Chinese Garden
G6 Airpark
Columbia Gorge
Oregon Garden
The Rice Northwest Rock and Mineral Museum
The Washington County Museum of Hillsboro
Oregon Historical Society

It’s a $400. value for $79.00. We will definitely use it for Oregon Gardens and maybe a few others while Carol is here visiting. Penny can bring someone when they visit as well. It will pay for itself after just 1-2 venues. Plus, it will give us a chance to get out and see some new things too. After dinner, we watched taped shows until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment