About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #43 – Late Races and Going Back Home!


 

Monday, March 26th, 2018……  After walking the dog, I went out and got us breakfast, coffee and tea, and then checked my delayed Nascar races, to see if they were racing today. And they were!  I watched a few minutes. Lydia and my sister said they were going to go to check Penny’s house and then to Walmart. I went out and started the install of the sawdust collector hose I bought Saturday. I got it close, and later, I took a break and went back in the house and had a light lunch.  And then I went back out and finished up the job and cleaned up the shop.  I haven’t tried it yet (no projects to cut on the table saw at this time) but I’m thinking it should work well to suck up all of that sawdust into my collector. I cleaned off from the job and then came in and had a drink and then watched the races.  I was happy with the results.  My guy won! Lydia got dinner started and I took Quincy out to play with the chuck-it. We went out in the front yard to play so I grabbed a rake with me to rake up some of the big chunks of grass clippings.  I mow the yard in a circle outside to inside and 90% of the grass gets clumped in a long row down the center of the yard.  It’s usually easy to rake but I waited too long so the rains have pushed it down into the grass.  But I got most of it and it looks better than it did.  I also helped sis upload her photos from her phone to her laptop.   She’s looking to delete them from her phone so we needed to get this done beforehand.  We are watching the weather and planning our days this week. She’s also planning her month (April) of treatment, which she’ll be gone all day for so we will figure out the schedule with the dog.  Nothing much after dinner except relaxing and watching tv.   

Tuesday, March 27th, 2018…… Today started out as usual – I walked Quincy and we ate breakfast.  But later, Penny said she thought that she’d go home today.  She’s able to do everything medically by herself and can do that at her own home and sleep in her own bed.  Lydia went to do her new set of labs and stopped by Penny’s place to turn the heater back on to start to warm up the place. When she returned, we loaded everything up in the car and took her back to her place.   She gave me a few tasks to complete, which I will come back and do tomorrow. We got her set up at home and returned and rested.  She is coming back here for dinner so we left Quincy at our place for the afternoon. Later, I went out and finished raking up the excess clumps of grass out in the front yard and called it a day.  Sis came back over and we had spaghetti for dinner.  She loaded up Quincy and took her back home.  It’s quiet here now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment