About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #90 – Working at My Sister’s and Birthday/Anniversary Wishes



Monday, July 9th, 2018……    This morning I had planned on spending some time at my sister’s house, doing odd jobs.  So, I got up early and did my walk with Rylee and ate breakfast and then headed over. First up was her new front screen door.  That went better than I imagined although I need to make a filler strip for the top section. She will be buying a door sweep for the bottom. The door is actually not square from when it was first installed (these are tract homes) so these items will help. I then worked on her dvr hookup. Got that working but the dvr itself is not working right (the load/eject feature doesn’t work). She will be getting another one soon. I worked a bit on the back door.  She has French doors that look great but don’t line up well so the deadbolt is very hard to operate.  I did the best I could but these doors are entry level and she has to decide whether to deal with it or replace them down the road. Loose window screens were next.  There were several that just needed the screen splines reworked.  That was no problem. Next up was the kitchen faucet. Not much to fix here. Maybe a washer down the road but for now we’re good. Last item was the gutters.  She had some moss growing in the trench but overall not too bad.  She doesn’t want me on the roof so she will hire a neighbor kid to go up there with my pressure washer and knock the moss off the roof and then flush out the dirt in the gutters. After that, I came home and rested for a while. Then it was my turn to work on my place. I got out the bracket for the satellite dish and got that mounted on the rear wall of the rv garage. Then got the dish mounted and then I fixed the end of the coax and got that hooked up. I called Lydia out and we got on our cell phones so she could help me aim the dish. It only took a few minutes to get a good strong signal and we were done. So, with 50 amps and water, and now Directv, we have another room for guests! I still need to get the coach out and over to an RV detailer in Sweet Home to get it washed and waxed.  We will then do the inside ourselves and then have the carpets cleaned when we do the house.   But its nice to have the job now complete!   We relaxed and played with Rylee and ate a light dinner and watched tv until bedtime.

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018……  Nothing on the agenda today. I decided I would work on putting up on the shop the matching security light that’s on the rv garage.  But I started watching the Tour de France and then thought I should wait until the sun got off that part of the building.  Turns out I skipped out on that too!  Maybe tomorrow….    
Lydia made a squiggly noodle casserole for dinner tonight and we sat down and watched two episodes of America’s Got Talent. We’re slowly getting caught up!   

Wednesday, July 11th, 2018……  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!  We called and spoke with him for a few minutes. He was at work. We’ll call later this evening when they are both home. Today was our appointment for pedicures (both) and manicure (Lydia). That is always relaxing. We came back home and I didn’t want to do anything for the rest of the day! So, I relaxed and watched the Tour de France.  It’s day 5 and it’s getting interesting.   Later, we called and talked with both Jeff and Krista and wished them a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Hard to believe it was a year ago that we met them in Vegas for their wedding day!  Krista wasn’t feeling well (got sick from the plane flight!) so we didn’t keep them too long. We decided that we wouldn’t fix dinner since both of us had late lunches. We loaded up monster puppy and drove over to Sweet Home.  I needed to stop by the Elks lodge.  Seems they still don't have my address right. That completed, we drove into town and got gas and then stopped by the Dairy Queen for dessert. Yummy!  When we got home we did watch the last two Brother vs Brother episodes so that finale is done.   Just a few more shows to get caught up on….      

No comments:

Post a Comment