About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #98 – Power Washing, Car Washing, Going to a Play and Going to a Baseball Game


 

Thursday, July 26th, 2018……   Today was play day. No - we were going to see a play! We got up early and I went out and got breakfast and then settled in for a while to watch the Tour de France. Only four more stages left. Later, I got out my pressure washer and started in cleaning the rain gutters. It worked pretty well and I got the west side (garage side) cleaned up and then moved on to the front. I did the porch and then a portion of the walkway.  The gutters on the front side of the house had more staining to them. They didn’t come clean that easily. I think I will buy some bulk 409 or Mr. Clean and pre-spray them with my Hudson sprayer before the next wash.

Later, we fed Rylee and headed off to meet Penny and Marlyn at the local high school. It was not a high school play, but rather a local group (Lebanon Association for the Performing Arts or LAFTA) production. They had a 30-piece orchestra and a huge cast and did The Music Man. It was very well done. We’ll have to keep track of their future productions. After all, it’s only about a mile and a half from our house!    

Friday, July 27th, 2018……  We had a few errands to run today. We decided to go into Albany and take the car and get it washed and waxed, like we did to the truck last week. Since we had left Rylee home yesterday when we went to the play, we decided to take her with us. I first dropped Lydia off at Lowe’s and then Rylee and I took the car in and got the wash set up. They were going to call us when it was ready. We then left to walk the block and a half to Lowe’s. Rylee liked Lowe’s!  Or rather, everyone liked her!  We walked around in the store just killing time and just about when we were ready to head back, they called and said the car was done. We drove back home and Rylee slept the rest of the day! Later, we fed her and left again. This time we were headed to Corvallis to go see the Corvallis Knights play baseball. They are a local league team and they play in and around the Corvallis area. Their home field is on the campus of Oregon State.  Their field is nice and the seats I reserved were behind home plate. Not bad but we were behind the stairs coming up and they were always busy. Next time I’ll look for seats in another section. We got there early because it was cap night! The first 750 people in attendance got free Corvallis Knight baseball caps.





We found free parking and waited until the gates opened. We got our caps, found our seats (not too hard – place seats maybe 3500), and then walked to the Block 15 pavilion to get something to eat and a beer and ice tea. We went back to eat and waited for the game to start. It was super hot but we were seated where the sun went behind a building so after about 35 minutes it was nice. The Knights played the Hayesville Hammers (yeah, I know) and won 6 to 1.  The game only lasted 2 hours so that made for a nice outing. We got back home and played with Rylee until bedtime.      

No comments:

Post a Comment