About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #95 – Bad Dog & Yardwork



Friday, July 20th, 2018……  My sister came over today to walk Quincy.  Rylee is in lockdown for running away on us yesterday. Ollie was again on his walk and she went out the back door and Lydia couldn’t stop her from running around the house and out into the street to see her buddy.  So, since I had to go out and put a leash on her just to drag her home, I’m pretty upset with her right now. Lydia had her outside this morning and since she wouldn’t ‘come’, she put the leash on just to let her walk around the yard.
After Penny left, I got out the mowers and we started in on the grass.  We were only going to do just the lawn but I went ahead and started in on the field and between both of us, we got it all done in about 90 minutes. I got the mowers cleaned up and gassed up and left the Husqvarna out. Kirk came by about noon and took it for his now-regular job. He’ll come get it on Fridays and return it when he comes to work on our flowerbeds on Tuesdays. Only this week he’s going to check to see if he can get it in for the service I have been wanting to do on it. It’s important now that Kirk will be using it weekly. Tomorrow I will use the catcher on my tractor and run over the grass again to get the clippings. But that only takes about ½ an hour or so.   We did let Rylee out later in the evening on her own and she’s minding a bit better now. We’ll see how that goes…  

Saturday, July 21st, 2018……  After our walk, I headed off to get breakfast and Lydia’s chai latte tea. I’m not much into coffee now that it’s warmer, so I skip that for the most part. I’d rather wait to drink iced tea or have a Mountain Dew or a Dr. Pepper later when it’s hot out! I watched a bit of the Tour de France (day 14) and then went out and put the catcher on the mower and got the excess grass picked up. After that it was a bit of rest. Penny came over to drop off Quincy for the day.  She has a sprinkler crew coming today. She has really low water pressure for her sprinklers (only started this season) and I haven’t been able to find out why so she’s called in the experts. Quincy would be a nervous wreck so she’s coming to her ‘other’ house.

Ok, the guys have come and gone from her place. They did some digging and found another shutoff valve. I don’t know if I had mentioned this before but when the previous owner was prepping his house for sale, he covered the flowerbeds in weed control material and then ground mulch.  Problem was that they covered the sprinkler shutoffs with both the ground cloth and the mulch and hid those controls! We found one and the guys found another today so at least that’s done - but it doesn’t affect the water pressure.  She will have to have them do some more tests on the system to try to isolate where the water pressure is dropping. Meanwhile, we just hung around the house and rested for the day.  Lydia made a chicken/green bean casserole and that was tasty. Plus, we will have enough for leftovers tomorrow! I finished watching my bike race then watched the Nascar Xfinity race and then some of our taped shows before calling it a night.  Rylee's doing better listening to us but we haven't encountered Ollie yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment