About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, July 13, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #91 – Dealing With the Hotter Weather and a New Ladder



Thursday, July 12th, 2018……    After our walk (butthead is doing real nice now on the leash), we settled in for the day. Lydia was headed off to meet up with Penny. They were going for their first pickleball intro here in town.  Penny has played before and has a racket. Lydia borrowed one so she could see if she liked the activity.  They may go back on Sunday.  If she continues, I guess we have to go shopping! I went out and got some breakfast and a nice cold beverage and brought it home. I still want to change out that security light on the shop.  But it gets the morning sun so I’ll wait until this evening.  It’s also time to mow the lawn again! Plus, we need to do some more weeding.  Again, we’ll wait until the evenings for all of those things. So, I took off to head to Xfinity to sign up for their service again.  My intro year is over and they want me to upgrade (and add tv) at a much higher cost.  I’m happy with what I have so I went in trying to keep the same package. The flyer I got showed a deal with tv was only $10. more a month and I figured I’d hook it up to my laptop. But they would have to run another modem and I would pay for that per month plus the service charges and fees weren’t added on. So, long story short – I kept what I had and will now pay the normal monthly fees (an added $30.).

When I got home, I went out and put water in the pool for Rylee.  The weather is getting warmer now! Today it was in the 90’s. We turned on the a/c for the second day this season. 
Here is a picture of Rylee, sitting, - you guessed it! - right on the a/c vent. She's no dummy!



She has been playing in both her inside and outside drinking water bowls so it’s about time for the pool!  She likes the running water more than the pool water! She jumps in and out of the pool chasing it. But it sure helps cool her off!  Later, when it got cooler, I backed my truck up partially in the shop door so I could set up my step ladder in the bed to reach the security light so I could replace it. It didn’t go up high enough to make me want to climb up there so I abandoned that idea.  I need a bigger ladder.   

Friday, July 13th, 2018……  Plans today was for Kirk to come over to work a bit in the yard.  He also plans to take the Husqvarna tractor to one of his new larger clients.  I was watching the Tour de France and surfing on Craig’s List for an extension ladder. I found a 24 ft aluminum extension ladder I liked and called the guy and left a voicemail asking if he still had it.  He called me back about an hour later and so Lydia and I drove up to Dallas (just west of Salem) to go look at it.  He is a retired contractor so it was really well used and covered with paint but it worked well and was only $50. so I bought it and loaded it up and we drove back home. After a short rest, I backed the truck up again and this time had enough ladder to get the job done. I now have two bright lights out there that come on at dusk and off at dawn.  I’m not leaving them on right now but it’s nice to know they are new and bright and will work whenever I need them. Lydia made salmon and rice for dinner and we ended our day relaxing and watching our programs until bedtime. It’s cooled down a bit at night so we’re glad for that. I leave the slider in our room open and we get a nice breeze right over the bed. Rylee lays on the floor by the slider until it gets nice and cool and later (about 2:00am or whenever I get up to pee) she wants up on the bed with us and stays up there the rest of the night.  

Oh yeah, here are a couple of pics I forgot to include.  These were taken by our bus driver, Kimo, who stopped at an overlook on the way up to Haleakala.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment