About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #96 – Anniversaries and a Fishing Day


 

Sunday, July 22nd, 2018……  Happy Anniversary Randy and Maryanne! We called and spoke with them and wished them a great day. They were getting the SeaDoo cleaned up and ready to take out to the bay this afternoon. They said that the weather was definitely warm enough today! We are also warming back up here again.  Today was in the high 80s. Next week we are supposed to get into the 90s. Lydia and penny went to knock the pickleball around again today.  I’m going online to get her a paddle since she’s been borrowing one from the senior center. I stayed home and played with monster mutt and also caught up on my taped races. She also went shopping (Walmart) and got a few things for the week. Nothing else going on today except lounging around and relaxing. I decided that tomorrow was a good day to go fishing!  So, I got out my tackle and loaded it in my truck so I could get up and going early.  

Monday, July 23rd, 2018……  I always have trouble sleeping the night before a fishing trip!  Last night I don’t think I slept an hour!  I got up at 4:00am and got going. I had packed a lunch the night before but I don’t know if I’ll be out that long. I headed for gas in my truck and then on to Foster Lake. There is a channel that comes in from the lakes and streams above and I heard it was a good spot. Plus, there is parking close by. When I was there a few months ago, the water was way down and I could see the channel. But now the repair on the dam is completed and the water is back to normal and all that I saw before was now 100 feet away. So, I found parking in the boat lot and walked past it to a nice flat area and set up. It was a short walk and I was able to bring one of our folding rv chairs so it was nice and comfortable. I had the place to myself until an elderly lady walked up with her rolling cart full of gear. Her friend showed up but we still had plenty of room each. It was wonderful just to get out and fish again after so long. The weather was perfect and the lake is beautiful!

(not me! This was taken on the other side of the lake from where I was fishing.) 

I had a spot in the shadow of a large pine tree that kept the sun off the beach for an extra hour. I found out that my technique for trout works in Oregon! I caught one right away and then another. Before the morning was over, I had caught five and lost one. Plus, I caught my first steelhead!  It was great!  The problem came later when the locals came to claim the area for their beach party. There were two teenage girls and their mom first. The girls got all of their lotions on then walked out close to my lines to swim. That was it for me! A few minutes later, the rest of the family (around ten in total) showed up with floaties but by then I was already half packed up. I guess I can’t complain – the lake is so nice and the shoreline beach is very limited so it was bound to happen. And I was there maybe four hours so no worries. At least I know a decent place to go back to. But I think my next venture will be just up the road from Foster – Green Peter lake. I scouted a place I want to try. Maybe that one will be just as good for fishing as this one is!  I got back home and rested from the day. Lydia already walked Rylee so I just kicked back for the day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment