About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, July 20, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #94 – Touring and Shopping



Wednesday, July 18th, 2018……   For the past few weeks, Rylee has been sleeping on the floor in front of the sliding door next to our bed. We leave the slider open but drop the blinds down to about 10 inches off the floor. That way we get the dark, and she gets the air coming in. But usually about 4 or 5am she wants up on the bed. She’s trained pretty well and won’t just jump up there on top of us. This morning she stands up and gets her paws going, like ‘are you up yet? Can I get up there now?  For us it was sleep time but for her it was play time. But she also wanted one of us to get up and let her out. Lydia was awake early so she got up and let her out and I got another hour’s sleep!  Yaay! Plans today centered around sis. She asked us to go to breakfast with them at Elmer’s and we can’t say no to Elmer’s!  They came over and we took two cars and drove into Albany and I bought all of us breakfast. It was a nice meal.  I left Lydia with them and they headed off to show Lori Corvallis.
While in Albany, I headed over to GNC and got a few things and then came home. We met up later at the house so we could go over to Sweet Home to show Lori Foster Lake and to eat dinner at Skyline.  We always try to bring folks there.  The meals are simple but tasty and they give you good portions. After a nice dinner, thanks sis!, we toured around the area a bit then went back to our house to sit out and have some wine and/or Fireball and wait to see if the deer would pay us a visit. We've got three that have been around here lately. One of them is a really nice buck and the other two are smaller males.  But before it got dark, we let Rylee out to play on the grass - until Ollie came out for his walk – then it was runaway dog! We finally got her back home and harnessed her to a tree. She’s in need of some discipline and I’m ready to take it to another level. No deer tonight so later, we said our goodbyes and they left to go get some sleep. Lori’s flight leaves Eugene at 5 something am! We went in and watched tv until bedtime. I think Lori liked Oregon. She definitely enjoyed spending time with her good friend and Penny likes having visitors!

    

Thursday, July 19th, 2018……  We got up – ok Rylee got us up – around 5:30am – she’s sleeping in longer now. Our plan today was to go into Albany and recycle our plastic bottles and glass bottles and aluminum cans. We had five bags. My sister wanted to go so we waited for her to call us after she had rested a bit from her early morning airport run. She came over around 10:00am and we took two cars over and got started with the recycling machines. We ended up with $74.90 and I think Penny got $29.90 for hers. She went home to catch up on her rest while we went to the local car wash. Albany has one full service car wash. They only do full service washes on Thurs-Sun. so we decided to go for it today.  I even had them do a wax job on my truck.  It really needed some love!  I did take about an hour but we decided to wait there for it. After that, we went over to Costco to get a few things. Among getting stocked up on meat, we found a carry-on piece of luggage that we liked so now Lydia can use that for her trip to Vegas next month. Once we got back home, we prepped the lawn for mowing. I planned on doing that today but we got lazy and quit for the day. It’s on the list now for tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent resting and watching tv until bedtime. We did catch up on some of our backog of Guy’s Grocery Games before watching our own taped programs until bedtime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment