About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, July 16, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #92 – Keeping Cool and Visiting Friends


Saturday, July 14th, 2018……    Saturdays are typical for us now – we still try not to go out to the big box stores – let the working folks go on the weekends – we’d rather go during the week when it’s not so crowded. Of course, Oregon doesn’t have the major population so it’s not really bad even on a weekend. That said, we decided to go to Walmart! We needed a few things so we headed out. Not much else going on. It’s been hot so we’ve stayed inside and tried to stay cool. But of course, we have to take super pooper out to her pool! She also likes to run around the grapevines and apple trees when I run the water in there. Anything to stay cool! But most of the day was spent lounging around the house and taking it easy.   

Sunday, July 15th, 2018……  This morning I walked Rylee out on the street route. I am noticing that since I have been taking Bio-Flex (Costco) for the past week, my joints don’t feel as sore. I still have problems with that knee I popped several weeks ago, but it’s not swollen anymore and I have better range now.  The kneecap is the part that hurts when I put too much pressure on it, but I am noticing a big improvement. It’s hell getting old!
We had been invited to Jason & Aimee’s open house but we were in Hawaii so we had to pass. Aimee’s our realtor and I had sent her a text last week asking if she could believe it had been a whole year since we had moved in.  We got the keys on July 6th and moved in after the pods were delivered (while we were in Las Vegas for Jeff’s wedding) on July 11th. By this time last year, we were moved in!  Aimee had invited us and Penny over for dinner tonight so we get our own private open house.  They moved to a brand new house in Millersburg, which is a tiny town just north of Albany. Their place is really nice.  Aimee had commented that the kitchen/dining room/living room area was arranged very similar to ours.  She was right! I’m glad they could get both of their previous homes sold and could get a nice start with this beautiful new home.  We took over a combined fruit medley that each of us added to beforehand plus we each brought over a housewarming gift. Now it’s their turn to come back and see the new rv garage and Rylee again. They plan to bring their two dogs, who, they say, will get along well with our pup. Of course, Rylee loves everyone!     

No comments:

Post a Comment