About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #93 – Dogsitting and Haircuts




Monday, July 16th, 2018……   This morning I did my usual walk with Rylee. My sister came by to walk Quincy.  They were way out in the field so we did our thing. Rylee got to play with Quincy once we got back and they got finished with their walk.  We let them cool down for a while after Rylee ran her around the yard, pestering her to play. I took off to get some breakfast and a cold drink and then headed off to the Home Depot. I wanted to get some brackets so I could hang my new ladder on the rv garage inside wall. I also wanted to pick up some sprinklers to place inline out by the fruit trees/bushes. I bought three sprinkler units and two short six-foot garden hoses connected them all together. And they fit perfectly in that spot. I think I’ll get another timer so I don’t forget to water out there.  I also hooked up the two timers I did have to the two island sprinkler systems in the front and back yards. Kirk still needs to clean those up. He is due tomorrow. I also bought and installed some more of those broom hanger attachments in the car garage. Walt had one in there and I was able to find the exact match and bought two more so now we can keep all of that stuff just outside in the garage. Meanwhile, Lydia decided to go out and work on those never-ending pesky weeds in the front yard flower bed. She worked almost all day and got rid of a bunch, while pruning and shaping some of the plants out there at the same time. I’m glad to see her out and getting some exercise but I need to make sure she doesn’t overdo it. I think tomorrow we won’t start until after dinner. There’s plenty of light (doesn’t get dark up here until 10:00pm!) plus it’s a lot cooler. Plus, they say tomorrow it is supposed to start cooling down. We ate a light dinner and started in outside again. I went out later and picked up all of her cuttings and we called it a day.

Tuesday, July 17th, 2018……   This morning super mutt and I had our normal play/pee/poop/play/eat/walk/treats/sleep time. My sister has a friend up staying with her for a couple of days.  They are going wine tasting today so she wanted to bring Quincy over here to stay. Quincy is nervous at their house. She says it’s because the house makes noises (settling/a/c vents/ghosts?). So, she thought it was better to leave her here with the big white terror who will probably not bother her at all. Yeah, right! I spent some time watching the Tour de France (taped from early this am) and then the girls showed up. Quincy actually did ok all day. They played a bit. Ok, when I say play, it’s always Rylee nipping at Quincy’s face, saying, ‘play with me, play with me, play with me’, and Quincy is going, ‘no, get away from me, get away from me’.  But Quincy is extremely patient and they really do ok with each other. I’m waiting for Q to seriously snap at her. That will get her attention and maybe she’ll back off a bit. We’ll see…
Penny gave Laurie a tour of our place and they took off for the day. Kirk and Caleb came over today, first to drop off the tractor and second, to work on the front right-side island.  It’s always hard to see the progress at first since the island beds are so overgrown with weeds. But Lydia said they made good progress. We also got away for a bit and went and got our hair cut. We found a place we like and she has $10. Tuesdays so we get to drop in. Today the wait wasn’t too long plus we were able to visit a bit. Teri’s new shop has living quarters so she now has her   fifth wheel up for sale. It’s been sitting at a dealership in Junction City on consignment. She says the deal is anything over 22k is theirs to keep. I think they have it priced too high to attract offers. I offered up a space at our place to keep it and told her I would help her list it and would show it for her. She’s got one guy who’s showed interest so she’s gotta call him back before she takes me up on my offer.
The rest of the day was spent doing a few odd jobs around the house. Wilco had a 10-20-25% off sale and that’s where we get Rylee’s new dog food so we got a super-sized bag this time. Later, I wanted to kick myself for not buying two! Lydia bought some plants for the front porch so I then had to buy paint for the two little tables to match the chairs out there. I’ve got one done and the other has a first coat. We finished up the day getting dinner at Taco Bell and then going off to watch our programs. I watched the All-Star Game and she slept during her shows.               

No comments:

Post a Comment