About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, December 14, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #152 – Drs. Appointments and Dinner with Friend/Family


 

Tuesday, December 11th, 2018…...  This morning I wanted to go get some drywall to put back on the shop wall. The skies were grey but there was no rain forecast for the morning hours, so I took off and headed to Lowes and got one sheet of drywall. I got home and immediately started in on cutting the new panel. I had the old piece so I could trace that out to get the size and the electrical outlet cut out in the right place. It went in pretty easily and I got the thing screwed in and now everything was closed up. The rains did hit us later in the afternoon but it was only a slight drizzle and didn’t last long. We did have some strong winds though, so I had some cleanup to do in the yard. The backyard is still really soaked and it’s squishy to walk on. So, we leave that alone and don’t walk out there except to pick up after super pooper. Kirk changed his day to come by from today to Friday, which is fine with us.    

       
Wednesday, December 12th, 2018……  This morning I got up early. I walked Rylee and then my sister came over with Quincy and dropped her off for the day. She took Lydia with her to the doctor’s in Salem and then they did some shopping. I headed off to Economy (Ace) Hardware to get some joint tape and joint compound to finish up the drywall and got back and got that finished in short time. I let the pups out to play while the mud was drying. The girls got home a bit later and sis took Q home for the day. Our plan was to each feed the dogs at 4:00pm and then meet up for dinner at Pizza Schmizza at 4:30pm. We had invited Terri, the owner of Rumors (where we all get our hair cut), for dinner with us. We had a nice meal and a good time. Then it was back home to kick back and watch tv until bedtime.
   
     
Thursday, December 13th, 2018…...  Lydia had some agenda items today to take care of. First up were labs. Her nephrologist has changed her cyclosporine (anti-rejection) meds to a new brand and wanted to get a new reading on her levels. So, she took off early for that. Next up was her gynecologist appointment in Corvallis. But that was not until later in the day.  I went out and sanded down the drywall and cleaned up, then moved the rack back into place. Now all that is left is to load it up. It’s really a nice luxury to be able to have places to put everything and be able to keep the shop neater. I drove Lydia to her appointment and we took monkey butt with us for a car ride. Once we found the place and she went in, I took Rylee out to walk around the block. We got back and only waited a short time for her to come back out and we scooted home to feed Rylee and make dinner. We ate while we watched two taped specials – CMA Country Christmas, and Darci Lynne.  We also watched the last Christmas Light Fight. Then, we each watched our own shows until bedtime.

This was the other night, in my office. Rylee would rather play than watch Guys Grocery Games…  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment