About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #158 – Storage and Football



Thursday, December 27th, 2018…...  Rylee got me up early this morning – first to let her out to pee, and then to feed her breakfast. She’s getting a little chunky lately. I’m guessing it’s because we haven’t had the weather lately to allow her out to run and play and work some of it off.  But I’m now starting to cut down a little on each of her meals. She doesn’t notice so it’s a good thing! Today though, we had some time outside because the skies were a nice deep blue! No rain, just a couple of clouds throughout the day. So, I decided to take advantage of the weather and got all of the outside lights down and put away. I put Rylee on a leash out in the front yard so she spent some time exploring out there while I worked. Meanwhile, Lydia started in on the tree and took down the ornaments and got those all put away. We took a few breaks during the day but we managed to get everything else boxed back up as well. I took some of the tubs back out to the shop and will get the rest of it finished up tomorrow.      
       
Friday, December 28th, 2018……  Today started out nice. I ate breakfast at home then went over to my sister’s house to help her out in the garage. We put up a hanger for her step ladders, then we got her Christmas stuff put back up in her storage rafters. Her new printer was delivered so I stayed and helped her get started on installing it. Once she got going on it, I left to head to Walmart. I texted Lydia and she wanted to go too so I swung back by the house and picked her up. We got what we needed and got home just before the sprinkles came. I put off my plans to work on the Christmas tubs and will do that when the weather clears up. So, except for a couple of trips with Rylee in between the drizzle, we stayed in the house most of the rest of the day and played and watched tv. Lydia made a nice dinner (turkey/tator tot casserole) and we caught up on Guys Grocery Games while we ate. Before dinner, I did sit down and finish up my year-end check book as well as my year-end expense ledger and got the template excel document revised to start up again to track 2019 expenses.    

     
Saturday, December 29th, 2018…... The weather is cloudy and drizzly again this morning. It rains a bit at night and seems to clear up in the early morning hours, then cloud up again and rain off and on during the day. This weekend is more of the same, clearing on Monday. I dodged the rain this morning and got Rylee out for her walk. We still aren’t able to walk too much on the grass around the house. You squish down and it will soak your shoes clear through! We don’t walk out there (except to clean up after super pooper!) but Rylee still wants to go out. We can put her on the long 80’ rope, tied up to just reach the porch, and she can run and play, but we still need to clean her up every time she comes back in!
This has been college football week. There are numerous bowl games (I think I heard somewhere that there are over 40 bowl games each year!), most of which don’t mean anything in the standings. All of these started on 12/15, and most have been played this past week or so. But the playoff series to determine the College Football Championship starts now. Both the Cotton Bowl (Notre Dame vs Clemson) and the Orange Bowl (Oklahoma vs Alabama), are being played today and the winners of each will meet for the championship on Jan 7th. I have watched some of the bowl games (because there are no Nascar or IndyCar or F1 races until next season) but these two are games I have been waiting for. So, you know what I will be doing today. I think I’ve got Lydia’s cold coming on. It was a good day to stay in. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment