About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #148 – Craft Fairs, a Movie and a Parade!



Thursday, November 29th, 2018…...  This morning we got up and going early. I fed Rylee, then showered and got dressed and took her out for her morning walk. Meanwhile, Lydia showered and got ready and my sister came over to get Quincy walked and fed. The we took off to head out to Shirley May’s for breakfast. We hadn’t been for a while (since Kevin’s reopened) so today was the day. It was great as always. Afterward, we stopped by BiMart to check on some sale items. Then Penny went home to clean up and came back later to get Lydia to go to Corvallis for tire rotation and a bit of shopping. Meanwhile, I fed the poochie her lunch and left for some shopping of my own. I got back before they did and got some wrapping done. Wow, I’m ahead of schedule!  A little later, the girls got back. They had stopped by Costco and Lydia had brought back a chicken casserole to pop in the oven for dinner.  It hit the spot!

       
Friday, November 30th, 2018…...  We decided that today we would try to go down to Eugene to take in a movie. We wanted to see Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. We decided to go to the 3D show at 2:30pm, so we fed the monster mutt at noon and headed down early so we could go have linner. We chose Newman’s Grotto (seafood), which is one of our favorites up here. We stopped first and bought the tickets. This is the theater we always try to go to – they have the recliners, every seat, every theater. When you buy the tickets, they show you a seating chart and you choose your seats. So, we wanted to get those first just to make sure we got the seats we wanted (we did). Then we left there and drove over to Newman’s (about 1 mile) and ate. The place is small and if the weather is nice, we can sit outside. Today it was rainy but we found a table inside and had a nice meal. After the show, we made the rainy drive back home and fed the poochie her (late) dinner. Then we relaxed a bit and had snacks (cheese and crackers and fruit) and watched our taped shows. 
     
Saturday, December 1st, 2018…...   Not too much on the agenda for today. I got the doggie duties done and went out and got breakfast and coffee/tea. Lydia went off with my sister to three Christmas craft fairs in town and I worked out in the shop for a while. I have finished painting the steel rails for the rack and today I moved it from the workshop to the shop at put it in place. I have been trying to figure out what would be economical to use as shelves on the racks. I already have 2x8’s that I found in my scrap wood pile, and they were cut two feet long, which is exactly what I needed to span the rails! So, I will use those and just need to buy 4 or 5 more 10 footers to finish it out. Later, I took the truck and picked up my sister. She wanted to go buy her tree. She chose the Teen Challenge Club lot where the monies would go to a good cause. Trees are NOT cheap, even up here! But she found what she wanted and we brought it back home and I set it in place. We went back to get her later in the evening to go to the Lebanon Christmas parade and tree lighting. It took a few minutes to find parking but we did and walked the block to the town park. They already have all of the trees and displays all decked out and it looks very festive. They kept about half of them plus the big tree turned off until the lighting. The parade makes two loops around Main St. (one way) and Park St. (one way) and ends on the second pass at Ralston Park. The folks from the floats and all of the walkers made their way to the park and did the countdown and then they flipped the switch and all was now brightly lit! While these small-town parades don’t compare to big city extreme over-the-top parades, it was still very nice and everyone is happy and friendly. We took Rylee and she had a great time, especially when she got to play with the other puppies there!  Afterward, we made our way out to the car and took sis home and brought our tired little doggie back to rest from her adventure. It was a fun day! 




          

No comments:

Post a Comment