About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, December 21, 2018


Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #155 – Test is Done!

 

Thursday, December 20th, 2018…...  Lydia woke up in time to start the second half of her pre-test liquids and finished that with no problems. We left the house about 8:00am to drive to Corvallis for her 9:00am procedure. I got her checked in and they ended up taking her in a little early. I then took off to go get something to eat. It didn’t take too long before they called me back. She was done. The tests couldn’t have been better! While they did find extreme irritated bowels (from the diverticulitis), there were no polyps or anything else that they were concerned about. They said they did need a biopsy and they took that for testing. She does have a scheduled appointment as a follow-up the first of the month and hopefully that will now be routine. They did give her a new prescription for more antibiotics which we will pick up later today. Hopefully, that will clear up her issues and she will be back to normal soon! We stopped by Starbucks for her tea, and then McDonald's and I got her lunch. She’s feeling back to normal except I’m sure she’ll sleep a lot today and tonight. My sister came over to check on her and visit a bit. Then Lydia started making dinner (chicken burritos) while Rylee and I went and picked up her prescription. She was tired but stayed awake while we watched the Survivor finale and reunion show. But after one episode of the Gingerbread House Baking Contest she was ready for bed and called it an early night. We're ready for Christmas now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment