About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #153 – Christmas Wrapping and Working on the Grapevines


Friday, December 14th, 2018…...  Nothing planned for today. I went and got us coffee/tea and came back while Lydia was making scrambled eggs w/mushrooms and ham, for breakfast. Even though the forecast was for rain, the skies were clear and it was nice and sunny, so I went out with my clippers and started in on cutting back the grapevines. I worked out there for about an hour and called it for the day and came in and rested. The weather changed pretty quickly. It got windy and then the rains came in. I was going to call Kirk and tell him not to worry about coming to work here today but when I looked outside, he was already out there in the blueberry cage – complete with raingear – working away! Oh well!  The short shower turned to sprinkles and then stopped a few minutes later.  Lydia got a call that her new glasses were ready so we took off later and drove to Albany to pick them up. Since we were already out, we decided to just stop at Arby’s and have dinner before coming back home and settling in for the evening.    

       
Saturday, December 15th, 2018……  Neither one of us had anything on the agenda for today. I took Rylee out for our walk up and back on the street, while Penny brought Quincy over and had her out in the field. The pups hooked up later and ran for a while. Sis left Q here while she went out and did some shopping and then went back to her house to bake. Quincy freaks out when the oven is running so she got her day at the ‘spa’ at our place. We left her and Rylee to their naps while we took off and did some grocery shopping at Walmart. Lydia has found another recipe she wants to try and I’m her test dummy so she needed some things for that for tomorrow. Sis came by and got the Q dog and Lydia wrapped the last of our gifts and that is now done. Later, we had dinner and watched tv until bedtime.    
   
     
Sunday, December 16th, 2018…...  The rains were due back today (and forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday as well). It’s normally just light showers and/or sprinkles but it’s still considered a rainy day! I got Rylee out for her walk and it was just cold but no rains yet. But it's coming... No worries, it’s Sunday and I only went out once to go get us breakfast. Then it was football and Christmas movies (you figure out who watched what!) all day and into the evening. Lydia made her new dish tonight. It was called 'Mexican White Trash'. It is a casserole made with chicken, tortillas, cream of chicken soup, rotelle tomatoes, sour cream, dorito chips, cheese, taco seasoning, and milk. I liked it. We did get together to watch the Pentatonix Christmas special we had taped before calling it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment